15.

*Kat POV*

Toby gets up and starts walking away only to bump into some beautiful guy.

They start kissing.

Oh this is awkward i'm watching two guys hook up.

So that must be Jake.

After that talk with Toby and him telling me all that I totally understand where he is coming from. He's scared to confess to everyone he's gay and he is scared that he's gonna be bullied and gonna be treated differently.

But there's still one main thing going around my mind.

What's A Mate?

Toby mention the word Mate a few times while talking and Im honestly really confused.

Like mate means a friend yeah? But then Toby said "I found my mate." so does mate mean something different?

Surely not?..

I get up and walk over to the cafeteria avoiding Toby and Jake, and Eve.

I go and sit on the table in the very back in the corner where no one sits but me.

I take out my book 'the hunger games' and start reading it.

I'm up to the best part in my story until I hear a chair being scraped on the floor. The sound made an horrible sound and made me look up and glare at the person sliding out the chair.

Luke?

Ummmm okay. What does he want now?

"Oh sorry for the noise I can't help it. Hey what you reading" he asks taking a seat on the other side of the table staring at me.

I face the book up so he can see the cover and smile.

"The hunger games. Nice"

I smile and continue reading my book.

"Have you seen Toby around?" I hear Luke ask me as the words just hit my head I realised what he was asking.

Toby, Jake, Eve, Mates, Kiss.

I got out my notebook and wrote down.

Hey Luke, what's a mate?

As I turned around the paper for him to read, and as he reads I notice the colour drains from his face. Wtf.

"Where did you hear that?" He asks staring at the paper as looking if he's read it wrong.

I write.

Toby spoke to me about him and Jake being Mates, and they are gay and Jake didn't reject him or something. So what's a mate?

I show him my answer and I notice his face goes into shock when he finds that I wrote that's Toby is gay.

"Wow Toby and Jake. And Jake didn't reject him I thought he would've." Luke says to himself.

Hello I'm still here.

"A mate Kat, is someone who is your other half like a soul-mate and will love you for who you are." and with that he gets up and leaves me to my thoughts.

*Lukes POV*

When I found out that Toby was gay I was shocked, but when my mate asked me what a mate was I could feel the colour drain from my face.

How am I supposed to explain this to her.

A human?

Oh hey Kat a mate is a werewolf thing. Yeah they exist. Where they find this person called a mate it's a love like no other and then they bite each other and then have sex . Oh and also you're stuck with me for the rest of your life time. Yeah so it's basically a relationship but with a twist.

Hell no.

Instead I said.

"A mate Kat, is someone who is your other half like a soul-mate and will love you for who you are." That would leave her thinking for a while.

But what I said is true.

But to be honest I was quiet proud of my response.

Go me. Go me. Go me.