// Chapter 3 \\

||Word Count: 2202||

Iyah's POV

"Hey I'm meeting Aica later for some coffee before we head to Ari's house. You should come with us" Sofia suggested as we were walking towards the school doors.

"I have a job interview today at 5 and I can't be late. I'll make it up to you guys, I promise" I replied as we stopped by the entrance/exit.

"Ooh, where did you find a job?" Sofia asked.

"I saw this flyer at a shop that was looking for a personal maid and I fit in the description. I know it isn't the most ideal job but it was one of the few that would accept me. Better than nothing, right?" I answered as Sofia nodded her head.

"True, besides this isn't temporary anyway. But just know we're here for you okay? Just give us a call if that job interviewer gets on your bad side, huh" Sofia jokingly said as we laughed.

"Whatever just go Aica's probably waiting. I'll hang with you guys some other time" I said as I playfully pushed Sofia to start walking.

"Okay, bye goodluck on your interview" Sofia called out as she walked away.

I looked at my watch to see that it was 3:47. I had just enough time to go back home and get ready before heading to Kim Corp.

I quickly went to the bus station knowing it would be quicker than walking.

Once I got home, I decided to take a quick shower and put on some formal clothes that I had, which mainly was just some black jeans and button-up blouse with some flats. I quickly fixed my hair and make-up before rushing out the door and heading towards the bus stop again, this time to head towards Kim Corp.

Luck, I really need you to work with me right now.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As I stepped out of the bus just near the building, I looked up at it in awe. It was a very big building but it didn't look too modern, nor did it look old. It looked well kept that's for sure. It was so big that I couldn't help but fantasize about working here as one of those successful bosses. My thoughts were quickly interrupted though by another voice in my head.

Your applying for a personal maid job, remember that.

I nodded and took a deep breath before I started walking towards the entrance, trying to look calm and collected since everyone that I saw entering or leaving the same building seemed to look the same; calm, collected, but most of all successful. Something I dream to become one day.

"Hi welcome to Kim Corp. do you have an appointment booked?" a lady at the front desk asked, offering me a smile as I smiled back at her.

"Uh yes, I think Mr. Kim's assistant booked me one. My name is Iyah Tuazon and I'm applying for the uh, the personal maid job" I said the last part softer, feeling a bit ashamed even though I knew I shouldn't.

It's only temporary, you need it too much to feel ashamed of it.

"Oh, yes Ms. Tuazon. Please head to Mr's Kim's floor, it's the 12th one. I believe Mr. Kim's assistant is waiting for you there" the lady said as she motioned towards the elevator.

"Okay, thank you so much" I replied, offering her a smile before I went inside the elevator and pressed the 10th floor. Just as the doors were closing someone's hand blocked it, prying it open to hop inside.

I stayed quiet and tried to avoid any form of contact to not make the situation anymore awkward. But that thought only sent small laughs to escape.