Eye'll Be Watching You (Part 2)

As Branch walked away from the pod, he said, "Well, I wish they had just said yes, but I guess I can wait."

But then, Branch saw the Trolls flying around wildly on their flyers.

"No hands!"

"Hair only!"

Branch got nervous and more nervous when he saw some flyers nearly crashing.

Branch finally said, "Sorry, Poppy, Your Majesties, but no one's getting hurt again, not on my watch."

Branch then planted an eyestalk below the flyer bugs.

Once it grew, it went, "Danger. Danger," before grabbing each flyer and having them just circle around like a lame carnival ride, much to the Trolls' disappointment.

The plant went, "Safe. Safe. Safe."

"Aww."

"What a rip."

"I'm also upset."

One of them was even sleeping.

Branch was oblivious to their disappointment and said, "Flying is risk-free now, guys. No need to thank me!"

Branch then moved on to the shroom bounce, where the planted eyestalk grabbed every bouncing Troll and did the bouncing for them.

Branch then moved on to Cooper's cupcake stand.

The planted eyestalk forcefully put oven mitts on Cooper's hands...and head.

Branch even went to Biggie and Guy and Tiny Diamond, who were still building a fence.

The eyestalk put it up for them.

Biggie turned to Guy and Tiny and said, "Well, that was odd. Care to go for a swim in the lagoon?"

Guy answered, "Well, it has been less than an hour since I ate, but absolutely!"

Tiny said, "Yeah! No cramps can cramp our fun!"

But, the eyestalk heard them and tried to stop them. Once they were out of reach, the eyestalk planted another, who planted another, and another, and so on.

When Biggie and the Diamonds made it to the lagoon, they turned around and saw the beginning of a plant invasion.

***

Branch was heading back towards Poppy's pod to tell the leaders about the 'great work' he's done.

He then heard Poppy scream.

He quickly went inside and saw that they eyestalk was keeping the leaders in their portable beds.

Poppy said, "Stay back! Branch, with all of us covered in bandages, this thing won't even let us... *grunts*... out of bed!"

Trollex finally got out of his bed...until the eyestalk grabbed him and tucked him back in.

Trollex groaned and shouted, "Plant, I swear, if you lovingly tuck me in one more time!"

Branch snuck up behind the plant and tipped it over, killing the plant.

The leaders sighed with relief.

Queen Essence said, "Thank you, Branch. That plant was giving us such a hard time"

Barb said, "Man, those eyestalks are crazy!"

Trollzart said, "Agreed. I'm so glad we didn't use them in Trollstopia."

Prince D said, "Yeah, who knows what would've happened if they got into our kingdoms."

Branch blushed and said, "Uh, yeah.  Me, too. I'm gonna look over here."

He tried to turn away, but the leaders saw his face and Poppy asked, "Why are you turning red?"

Branch answered, "What? Oh. Must be my true colors just for you."

Poppy shouted as the other leaders made angry expressions, "Branch! You planted those eyestalks even though we told you not to?"

Branch meekly said, "Yeah, but only in Pop Village. And besides, that was just classic Poppy-Branch playful banter, right? That's our thing."

Delta said, "But, Branch, Poppy's not the only leader here. You disobeyed all of us."

Trollex said, "Yeah, man! And there's a reason we need time to make these decisions. You don't just go and do the opposite of what we ask."

Branch said, "Come on. They're not that bad."

Poppy then said, "I'm so disappointed! Please go!"

Branch said, "Wait, you guys."

King Quincy said, "You heard her. Go, Branch. Now."

Branch then turned sadly and left the pod.

Barb looked at Poppy and said, "That boyfriend of yours, Poppy."

Poppy said, "Tell me about it."

Queen Essence said, "Well, at least he didn't use them in the other kingdoms."

Delta said, "And hopefully, we'll be able to take them all down before anything really bad happens."

But, little did they know that an eyestalk was watching them.

It looked at Branch and then back at the royals and said, "Danger. Danger. Danger."

***

Branch walked angrily and said, "So unfair. They want to scrap them all over one tiny glitch? The eyestalks are the best thing that ever happened to Pop Village."

But once he got close to the center of Pop Village, he saw that things were about to get crazier than he thought.