Photo Fuss (Part 1)

Branch was going with Smidge to a cake stand.

Branch asked, "Can I get a chocolate cake?"

Smidge asked, "What's the occasion?"

Branch answered, "I'm having dinner with Poppy and the other leaders."

Smidge then asked, "So, you're getting a chocolate cake? Isn't that a little less than exciting for a royal dinner?"

When the baker gave him the cake, Branch glared at Smidge and then said, "You know, on second thought, I think I'll get a lemon meringue pie instead."

Smidge said as the baker was getting the pie, "Ooh, that's sounds good. Can I get a sample of that?"

But, the baker said, "I'm sorry. We don't give samples."

Smidge then asked, "What? How do you know if I want it if I can't sample it first?"

When Branch took the pie, Smidge took it and said, "I'm talking about a teeny little taste. What do you think, I'm gonna put my whole hand in it..."

She did just that.

"...You think I'm gonna shove my face in it and ruin it for everyone else?"

She did that as well.

"Well, I wouldn't do that. I would take a teeny little taste and then decide if I want it."

She then took a small bite of the pie and said, "And I don't."

She handed it back to Branch, who said, "On third thought, I'll take the chocolate cake after all."

***

Poppy, Branch, and the other rulers were enjoying the cake in Vibe City.

Queen Essence said, "Branch, this chocolate cake is delicious."

Trollzart then said, "You know what's delicious? Lemon meringue pie. Have you ever had lemon meringue pie? I haven't had a lemon meringue pie in years."

Branch then made a small look of embarrassment.

King Quincy then said, "Well, let's not fuss about what we don't have. Let's just enjoy what we do have."

Branch decided to change the subject.

He said, "So...that's quite a leaders' photo you have there."

Prince D said, "Isn't it great? We take one every special occasion."

Cooper said, "Yep."

There was a photo of all the leaders from every special holiday. Some of them at every kingdom in Trollstopia.

Poppy then gasped and said, "I have a great idea; Branch should be in our photo this year!"

Everyone thought it was a wonderful idea.

But, Branch said, "Oh, no. I couldn't. It's just for the leaders."

Trollex asked, "What do you mean?"

King Quincy said, "Don't be silly. You have great leadership skills. You are a leader."

Barb said, "Yeah. I mean, you did so much for the good of your people."

Delta then asked, "So, what do you say?"

As everyone looked at him, Branch said, "Uhhhh...ok."

***

As Branch flew he and Poppy home via balloon, he said, "No way."

Poppy said, "What? Why?"

Branch answered, "I'll look stupid."

Poppy's response was, "First of all, you could never look stupid. Second, it's not about looks, it's about creating wonderful memories with your friends and family."

When they finally got to Pop Village, Poppy said, "Please? Come on. It's not gonna kill you."

Branch hesitated and then agreed to do it for Poppy.