Smidge at your Service (Part 2)

Delta came to Smidge after baking a poorly made pie and said, "Look, sweetie, I completely respect your helper code, but I can't cotton with you permanently serving me."

Smidge just insisted that if Delta didn't let her do this, Smidge may not be considered a helpful Troll.

Delta finally caved in and said, "Ok, I would like you to..."

She looked around for something for Smidge to do that wouldn't end in disaster.

She then looked at the pie and said, "Help me take some of the pie you made to..."

Smidge asked, "King Trollex?"

Delta said, "Sure. Why not?"

***

In Techno Reef, Smidge and Delta had brought Trollex the pie.

Smidge said, "I helped bake it."

Trollex looked at it with disgust, "Ugh."

Delta then pointed her head at Smidge to remind him she was watching.

Trollex put on a fake smile and once he took off a piece of the pie with a fork, he secretly gestured one of the Techno Trolls to bring him a garbage can.

With Smidge watching, Trollex slowly moved the piece toward his mouth until he bit off a really small piece.

Smidge was happy, and when she looked away, he spit the piece into the garbage can.

Smidge asked, "Aren't you gonna have some more?"

Trollex answered, "I had a big lunch."

"It's 10:00 in the morning."

"Breakfast. A big breakfast."

"Oh."

Delta said, "How about you take his dish and clean it for him?"

When Smidge took the plate in the kitchen, Trollex asked, "What was that all about?"

Delta explained how she saved Smidge's life and how she thinks she has to serve her forever. She also explained that she didn't feel right having Smidge do stuff for her and how her help can be not so helpful. This was proven right when Smidge stepped out of a kitchen full of bubbles asking for a broom.

Barb then came by, "Delta, Trollex, what's happening?"

They both explained the situation and Barb said, "This is easy. Just give her something really hard to do that she'll have to quit."

When Smidge came back in, Barb said, "So, Smidge, Delta was gonna help me by stacking some haybales for me to practice my guitar strumming power, but I'm feeling extra powerful today. So, instead of hay, I'm gonna practice on rocks."

Smidge asked, "Rocks?"

Barb said, "Yeah. A huge tower of rocks. And you're gonna stack them up. That is, assuming you really want to help Delta."

Smidge agreed and Barb was sure her plan would work.

***

"Huh. I was sure she'd give up after, like, three rocks."

Smidge had completed building a huge tower of rocks and Barb got nervous.

"Bad news: She actually built it. Good News...I've got a rock tower to knock down."

Everyone stood back as Barb nervously aimed her guitar at the tower.

Once she released a hard strum, the large tower of rocks came tumbling down.

Luckily, everyone was fine, but it didn't change Smidge's mind about helping Delta.

Delta decided to talk to Poppy.

***

Delta came to Poppy's pod and found her still working on the scrapbooks, not even noticing she was there.

Delta managed to break her concentration by dropping a hard scrapbook on the floor.

Delta said, "Sorry, I just need to talk to you for a minute."

Poppy said, "Sure, I need to take a break anyways. What can I do for you?"

Delta said, "I know Smidge told you that she was gonna follow her helper code and serve me forever and that you were ok with it but-"

Poppy interrupted, "Wait. What?!"

Delta said, "She said she told you all about it."

When Poppy looked down with embarrassment, Delta said, "I'm guessing you were a little distracted when she told you."

"Maybe a little."

"I should've known you wouldn't have let her go so easily. Well, now that you know what's going on, maybe you could talk some sense into her."

But, Poppy answered, "Oh, Delta, I wish I could, but this is Smidge's helper code we're talking about. Surely, you know how important her helper code is to her."

Delta said, "I sure am starting to."

But, Poppy then said, "There's only one other way Smidge is gonna fulfill the debt she feels she owes you."

***

In Lonesome Flats, Smidge was counting every grain of sand in town, while Delta had arranged a secret meeting with Barb, Poppy, Branch, and Trollex.

Delta said, "Alright, y'all, here's the deal, Smidge needs to save my life. And I've got a plan for her to do just that...I am gonna be attacked...by a Growl Beast!"

Everyone gasped.