Deadliest Catch (Part 2)

The sub had arrived in Techno Reef and saw all of the damage this monster fish had done to the place.

Prince D turned to Trollex and said, "You weren't kidding when you said it devours everything in its path."

Trollex said, "I know. Just keep a lookout. This fish is incredibly sneaky."

Branch was watching the sonar, "Nothing yet."

Barb asked, "So, Trollex, what exactly happened when this fish came to the reef?"

Trollex answered, "Everyone was in the center for another party. I was, once again, DJing when I heard a strange noise. I turned it off to keep things calm for a moment and listened. Then, a huge shadow zoomed past us. We looked in the wrong direction. It rose up behind me. I was able to notice it and dodge the attack, but it went on a rampage. I ordered everyone to evacuate to the shore. By the time we did, many parts of Techno Reef were destroyed. Next thing we knew, we were at Pop Village, asking for help."

Queen Essence said, "Well, you're now getting help from every kingdom in Trollstopia. We promise to do everything we can to make sure your home is safe again."

Delta said, "Yeah, I'll wrangle that critter like a cougar on a horse!"

Poppy then asked, "Only if my first plan doesn't work, right?"

Trollzart said, "Yes, Poppy. Only if your plan doesn't work."

***

They had continued to search for this fish for at least two hours.

Prince D said, "I don't see anything."

Trollex said, "I don't understand."

Barb said, "Maybe it left already?"

King Quincy said, "Yeah, maybe it's had enough to eat and decided to move on."

Branch said, "Well, I guess now we can-"

Just then, the sonar started beeping.

Everyone gasped.

Branch said, "Picking up a huge object somewhere around us."

Trollex said, "That's gotta be it."

Branch said, "Prepare for battle!"

The source of the beeping seemed to be right behind them.

Poppy then said, "Ok. I'm gonna go out and try to reason with it."

Branch asked, "Poppy, are you sure you want to do this? It's a pretty big risk."

Poppy said, "Don't worry, Branch. I'll be careful."

Poppy then put her helmet on and left the sub to confront the fish.

Everyone kept their eyes on her to make sure she wouldn't get hurt.

However, once she got there, it turned out to be a giant buried rubber tire.

Prince D said, "Whoops. False alarm."

Delta spoke in the sub's communicator, "False alarm, sugar cube. Now, come on back."

Poppy started swimming back towards the sub, but saw a pretty conch shell in the sand and couldn't resist going back down to grab it.

Everyone just watched her with amusement until they heard a strange noise. But, Poppy didn't hear it because she was too busy admiring the conch.

Trollex was really freaked out, "You guys, that's the same sound I heard when..."

Everyone knew what he meant.

Queen Essence then spoke into the communicator, "Poppy, get back in the sub! Right now!"

Poppy followed her orders and started swimming back towards the sub...blissfully unaware that a giant, predatory fish was swimming right behind her!

Everyone saw what was happened and started panicking, calling out to Poppy to swim faster.

Poppy was confused by what they were doing, and then turned around to see the fish right behind her.

At first, she was a little scared, but was determined to try and befriend it.

She put her arms out and started saying, "It's ok. You want a hug? You want to be friends? Do ya?"

They all shouted, "Poppy, no!"

But it was too late; When she got close enough, the fish growled at her and she gasped, "Uh-oh."

The fish was about to gobble her up, but then a net wrapped itself around Poppy and dragged her back to the sub.

Once she was back inside, she said, "Thanks, whoever fired that net."

Barb said, "No problem, Pop squeak."

Poppy then said with a sad look, "Ok. We have to drive it out."

Branch said, "Sorry, Poppy. Anyways, I've got a plan."