Deadliest Catch (Part 3)

Branch brought out a big plate of turkey legs.

Barb said, "Dude, this is no time for a lunch break."

Branch said, "This isn't for us. The plan is to use it as bait. Once the scent of this gets it's attention, we drive the sub as fast as we can far away from the reef. Once, we're far enough so it can't find its way back, we'll let the bait go and then zoom back to shore as fast as we can while it's eating."

Trollzart asked, "And you think that'll work?"

Branch answered, "Not completely, but it's the best idea we've got. Besides, we're the superiorly intelligent creatures here. He's just a dumb animal."

King Quincy said, "I suppose it's worth a shot."

Everyone agreed.

Branch put the legs into a small net and then released them tied to a rope connected to the sub into the water.

And surely enough, the scent of the legs was able to grab the fish's attention and it swam as fast as it could towards the sub.

Trollex shouted, "Ok, he sees it. Go. Go! GO!"

Branch did just that. He started driving the sub as fast as he could.

The monster was just a few feet behind them, determined to get it's meal.

Barb shouted, "Dude, we need to go faster!"

Branch just shouted, "I'm going as fast as I can!"

But, it wasn't fast enough, because not too much later...

*Chomp*

The fish ate every turkey leg in one bite. He spit the net back out and just continued swimming.

They weren't far enough from Techno Reef, so Poppy said, "Ok, we need a Plan B."

Delta asked, "Do we have anymore bait?"

Branch said, "No, that was the only bait I had."

Prince D asked, "So, what are we gonna do now?"

Just then, they heard the sub's latch open.

Trollex was swimming outside.

Queen Essence spoke in the communicator, "Trollex, what do you think you're doing?!"

Trollex shouted, "I'm doing whatever it takes to take our home back!"

Poppy then said, "But, that thing might eat you before you even get a chance to swim away!"

Trollex replied, "And that's ok. A king must be willing to give his life for his people."

Barb said, "But, dude-"

Trollex interuppted, "My mind is made up. Just start heading back to shore when he comes after me."

Before anyone had a chance to throw a counterargument, the fish saw Trollex and bared its teeth before chasing Trollex far away from Techno Reef and into the open ocean.

The crew, with heavy hearts, started driving the sub back to the shore, thinking there was no chance Trollex had against that monster.

***

The other Trolls were waiting on the shore for the sub to return.

And once it did, everyone rejoiced.

Tiny shouted, "Yeah! They back, y'all!"

The cheering then stopped when they saw the leaders' sad faces.

TBDB then asked, "Um, where's Trollex?"

Poppy said, "Your king saved the reef by sacrificing himself to that beast."

Everyone gasped with horror, and Smidge said, "Oh, my guh."

Everyone took a moment of silence for their lost king when suddenly....

Trollex came out of the water unharmed!

Everyone cheered as loud as they could.

TBDB shouted, "You're alive!"

Trollex said, "Yep, and I now pronounce Techno Reef monster fish free."

Everyone, especially the Techno Trolls, cheered.

Barb asked, "But, how did you escape?"

***

Trollex was still being chased by the monster fish.

Luckily, Trollex carried a tape recorder on him.

It played a discordant piece of Techno music.

The fish couldn't stand the sound of it and swam as far away from the noise into the open ocean.

Trollex said as he watched it swim away, "I guess bad notes are good for something."

***

In Techno Reef, every tribe had come together to repair all the damage.

Once the repairs were done, everyone celebrated on the beach with another dance party.

DJ Suki took over as DJ for Trollex to talk to the other leaders.

Barb said, "That stunt of yours took a lot of guts, man."

Trollex said, "Thanks. But, there's one thing I still don't understand."

Poppy asked, "What's that?"

Trollex answered, "Where did the fish come from in the first place?"

King Quincy said, "Let's not worry about that. The important thing is it's gone and can't do anymore damage."

Everyone agreed and went right back to partying.

***

The monster fish had swam to a cave at the bottom of the ocean.

The fish growled, like it was trying to communicate.

A mysterious figure was sitting on a carved stone throne in the shadows.

"The Techno String....is gone?"

The fish nodded its head yes.

"I knew I felt something different. I've waited a long time for this. Nothing can stop me now!"

*Evil Cackling*