Secrets and Surprises (Part 3)

Later that day, Poppy set up her party in her pod...with some inanimate objects.

She had set up a bucket of water, a sack of sugar, a stack of books, and a pile of firewood.

She had clearly gone out of it, talking in different voices like the objects were talking, and making a fake conversation on how bad her friends were and how she hoped to never see them again.

Just then, Branch and Barb came into the pod, "Hey, Poppy, sorry we couldn't come. We had things to do and you know how it goes."

Poppy angrily answered, "I know how it goes alright."

Barb then said, "How about we make it up to you with a walk to Lonesome Flats?"

Poppy's response was, "No thanks. I'm spending time with my real friends. Isn't that right, Lady Sugarbelle?"

Poppy then spoke for the sugar sack, "Oui. That is correct, Madame."

Branch asked, "Uh...Poppy?"

Poppy then did a voice for the book pile, "Another slice of cake, Sir Bookworm?"

"I'd love one."

Branch said, "Alrighty. What do you say we get on out of Creepy Town and head over to Delta's-"

Poppy then pulled up the bucket of water, "She's not going anywhere."

"I most certainly am not."

Barb then said, "You should really just come with us."

Then it was the firewood, "You heard the lady! She ain't going nowheres, chump!"

Barb angrily went at the firewood, "Who you calling a chump, chump?"

When the firewood fell over, Barb groaned and said, "That's it. Party's over. Come on, Poppy."

Poppy just said, "No."

Branch then said, "Poppy, let's go."

"I said no!"

Barb then tried to push her, "You...have to...come with...us!"

Poppy said, "No...I...don't!"

When she pretty much made it clear she wasn't gonna go, Barb said, "Oh, you wanna do this the hard way? We'll do this the hard way."

***

Branch and Barb dragged Poppy by her legs all the way to Delta's barn, "We're here."

They then opened the door to reveal...a party!

Every tribe, including the leaders and Snack Pack, shouted, "Surprise!"

Poppy still had a sour expression on her face.

Trollex said to the others, "I really thought she'd be more excited."

Poppy shouted, "Excited? Excited?! Why would I be excited to attend my own farewell party?!"

D asked, "Farewell party?"

Poppy said, "Yes! You don't like me anymore, so you decided to kick me out of the friendship circle and throw a great big party to celebrate! A 'Farewell to Poppy' party!"

Queen Essence went up to her and asked, "Why in the world would you think we didn't like you anymore, honey?"

Poppy went in the others' faces as she went, "Why? Why? WHY?!"

She then shouted, "Because you've been lying to me and avoiding me all day! That's why!"

Barb then said, "Uh, yeah. Because we wanted your party to be a surprise."

Guy said, "We've been planning this party for such a long time."

Smidge continued, "We had to make excuses for why we couldn't attend your after-party to get everything ready for this one."

Branch then asked, "If this is a farewell party, why does the cake I picked up from Sky Toronto's say 'Happy Birthday, Queen Poppy?'"

Poppy then took a second glance at the whole party.

Then, as if all of her happiness just shot back at her, she shouted, "Because it's my birthday! Oh, how could I have forgotten my own birthday?"

Everyone let out a happy sigh of relief.

Poppy continued, "And you like me so much, you decided to throw me a surprise party!"

Delta said, "That's what we've been trying to tell you, sugar cube."

Poppy then said, "You really are my friends."

Then with a sad expression, "How could I have ever doubted you?"

DJ Suki said, "It's alright, Poppy."

Trollex then said, "It could've happened to any one of us."

They all then shared a group hug.

Cooper then said, "Now that that's all cleared up, let's get this party started!"

Everyone then started the party.

Poppy learned that you should always expect the best from your friends and never assume the worst. Rest assured that a good friend always has your best interests at heart.