Secrets and Surprises (Part 2)

Poppy had followed Branch to Sky Toronto's. When he went in, she also went in, but went behind a huge plant so she couldn't be seen.

Branch said to Sky, "Hey, Sky. You got it?"

Sky answered, "Yep. It's all ready. Poppy didn't see you, did she?"

Branch answered, "Nope. I'd hate for her to find out about this."

Poppy then whispered to herself, "But, he's my boyfriend. What wouldn't he want me to know about?"

Sky then handed Branch a package, "Here you are."

Branch said, "Thanks. Now, I gotta go pick up the other things from the other kingdoms. And remember, not a word to Poppy."

***

Poppy then followed Branch to Volcano Rock City, where Barb gave him a package as well.

Barb asked, "Man, you would not believe the excuse I made to avoid her."

Branch said, "I hear you."

Poppy overheard and felt a little crushed.

***

Branch then picked up another package in Vibe City.

Then another from Symphonyville.

However, while he was in Symphonyville, Poppy overheard Branch telling Trollzart, "I just gotta pick up that last package from Trollex and then down to Lonesome Flats."

Poppy decided to take a shortcut she knew to Techno Reef to find out what was going on.

***

King Trollex was waiting at the edge of the reef for Branch to show up for the package he was holding.

But then, Poppy quietly swam up right behind him to try and look inside the package, determined to find out what all the sneaking was about.

It didn't work because a huge bubble floated right in front of Trollex...showing him the Pop Troll about to launch a sneak attack, "Poppy!"

Trollex swam as hard as he could with Poppy on his tail.

He went behind a coral...where Poppy was waiting for him.

She looked at the package he was holding and shouted, "WHAT'S IN THAT PACKAGE?!"

Trollex then swam away as fast as he could, but Poppy was still behind him.

He swam out onto the shore, where he bumped into Branch, "Branch, Poppy's right behind me! What do we do?!"

Branch shouted, "Quick! To Lonesome Flats!"

They both ran (and swam) as fast as they could to Delta's barn.

Delta was about to head inside when she saw Branch and Trollex coming towards her, "Delta! We've got a problem!"

Delta saw that Poppy was chasing after them and shouted to the boys, "Oh, no! Inside quickly!"

The boys were able to get inside the barn first and Delta quickly slammed it shut, but Poppy would not stop there.

She banged on the door, shouting, "I know you're in there!"

Delta popped her head out out and said, "Oh, howdy, Poppy," like nothing was happening.

Poppy asked, "Mind if I take a look inside the barn?"

Delta answered, "Yes. I mean, no. I mean, you can't come in here."

Poppy said suspiciously, "Branch and Trollex just went in there."

Delta responded, "Well, yeah. The boys were just bringing in some...supplies. We're renovating the barn. Fixing the whole thing top to bottom. LOTS OF CONSTRUCTION GOING ON IN THERE RIGHT NOW."

Smidge whispered quietly, "You heard her. Construction."

There were then some noises that sort of sounded like construction work.

Poppy then gave Delta a look of suspicion.

Delta did everything she could to keep her from looking inside, "Yep. Construction. That's the story and I'm sticking to it."

The two leaders then stared at each other for a while, with Poppy's a look of suspicion and Delta's with nervousness.

Until Poppy finally said, "Ooookkkkkk."

She then backed away from the barn and turned to leave.

After she left, Delta, Branch, the other leaders, and the Snack Pack let out a sigh of relief.

Tiny said, "Glad that's over."

Barb said, "Yeah, it would've been ruined if she'd found out."

***

Poppy then thought really hard about everyone's strange behavior.

"I don't understand. One minute, everything's fine and the next minute, everyone starts avoiding me. Why are they lying to me and avoiding me all day? Do they just not want to come to my party? Do they not want to come to my parties anymore? Do they even not like me anymore?!"

Poppy then came to the hasty conclusion that her friends didn't like her parties...or her for that matter. So, she decided not to even think about them anymore.