Photo Fuss (Part 2)

Back in Branch's bunker, he had still not heard from Poppy about the photo information on where the photo was being taken.

He decided to stock up on some more firewood while he was waiting.

But, while he was out gathering firewood...a huge spider came from out of nowhere!

Branch was able to fend it off, but not before the spider kicked him face first into a tree.

Smidge heard all the commotion and went to Branch, "Branch, are you alright?"

Branch wasn't looking at her when he said, "Yeah. I'm good," but when he turned to face her with a smile, Smidge said, "Uh?" and pointed at his mouth.

Branch took out his mirror and saw that one of his teeth was chipped, "My tooth!"

Smidge said reassuringly, "Relax. I'm sure Dr. Moonbloom can fix it."

***

Branch got to the clinic and let Dr. Moonbloom take a look at it, "This tooth is broken..."

Branch and Smidge gasped with horror.

"...but we can fix it."

Branch sighed with relief and said, "Great. I have to be part of an important photo today."

But, the doctor said, "Today? You're joking. A tooth that broken will take at least a week to fix."

***

Branch went back home and thought about what to do next.

He then thought about what Poppy had said about photos not being about looks. So, he decided just to go with a broken tooth and make the best of it. He then went into the shower.

When Branch was done with the shower, Poppy came in, "Hey, Branch!"

"Hey, Poppy! I'll be out in a minute!"

Poppy said, "That's cool. Take your time. I'm just here to give you some outfits for the photo. We've decided to make it a Western theme! I had Satin and Chenille make denim jumpsuits for you!"

As she laid out the jumpsuits on Branch's couch, Branch came up behind him as Poppy said, "Ooh, I'm so excited! This is gonna be the best family photo ever!"

When she turned and saw Branch, she gasped and asked, "What happened to your tooth?"

Branch explained the whole scenario with the spider and how the doctor can't fix it until next week.

He saw the jumpsuits and asked, "Oh, so is this what we're wearing?"

But Poppy answered, "Huh? Oh, no. No. No, we cancelled the photo. We cancelled it. This stuff was just...lying out when I got here...Must be a delivery error."

Branch then asked, "You cancelled the photo?"

Poppy answered, "You know, I just started thinking. Photos are dumb. You don't need a photo to know who your friends are. I mean, you know for your whole life...who your friends are. So..."

Branch said, "It's because of my tooth, isn't it?"

"What? No. Your tooth. We're just...we're not taking the photo this year. So..."

"You don't want me to be in the photo because of my tooth."

"Don't be silly. I've barely even noticed your broken...gnarled...really jacked up tooth."

Branch then made a smug smile and said, "I'm gonna be in that photo."

Poppy then said with a face of anger, "Oh, no, you're not. You don't even know where we're taking it and you'll never find us."

Just then, a mail carrier came into the bunker, "Letter to Branch from Vibe City."

Branch read the letter and said with a sly grin, "Oh, how wonderful. We're taking it at Lonesome Flats."

Poppy then grabbed the jumpsuits and said, "You are not gonna be in that photo!"

Branch shouted as she ran out to beat Branch to Lonesome Flats, "Oh, I'm gonna be in that photo! And not only am I gonna be in it, I'm gonna be smiling so big all you'll see is this broken, gnarled, jacked up tooth!"

Branch then went to Satin and Chenille to ask them to make a western outfit.