Twenty-One

"Thank you for dinner, Ma." Walking out of my mom's house with Josh holding the gift bags.

"Josh, you guys should visit more." She says standing by the door.

"Maybe Ma. I have not moved out officially." I look at Josh as he put the bags in his car.

"I know that but I know you will."

"Yes Ma. I am older now." I walk to the car. "I will see you soon." She hugs me goodbye and we leave.

"I am so tired." I say taking the heels off and the jewellery.

"You want a massage?"

"Yes, I need one in fact." I lay on the bed with the dress still on.

The soothing, intense way he is massaging me has me moaning and groaning.

"I want to give you a different type of massage." I laugh and I turn to face him. I laugh, leaning in to kiss him.

"Not tonight boo." I say walking towards the bathroom. Josh comes shortly after and joins me for a bubble bath.

"I almost forgot John's gift. He gave me and envelop. I think it is in my nightstand." He goes to fetch it.

I read the papers in the envelope.

"Josh, he gave me the restaurant?" I know that I what I am reading but did he really do it?

"The entire thing?" Less surprised than I am.

"Yes!" I am shocked and overwhelmed.

"We will go see him tomorrow." He says massaging my foot.

"I guess." Did he really do that?

.
.    .      .

"Wake up." I say walking Josh up. "Come on, babe, I made breakfast."

"Ten more minutes." I will hurt him. God stop me, please.

"Boy, get your behind out of bed and go brush your teeth." I slap him awake.

"You are abusing me." He whines.

"I love you." I kiss his cheek. "Remember we have to go see John."

"I'm coming."

"I hate hospitals." I am so tired of his complaining, I roll my eyes.

"Hi, we are here to see John Newman." I say the the seemingly bored receptionist.

"Who are you?"

"My name is May Collins." A fake smile plastered on my face.

"Uhmm, Dr Potgieter will be with you shortly." Why do we need to see a doctor.

A few minutes later my name is called.

"I am her." I walk up to the doctor, Josh behind me.

"Mr Newman gave strict instructions not to call you last night. With deep regret, I am sad to tell you that he passed away late last night." Hold up. I laugh.

"Tell me you are joking, Josh, tell me this is a joke. It is all a joke. When I last saw him he was okay and I thought I still had more time, Josh!" The tears fall from my eyes and the pain touches my heart and I break down, I would fall to the floor if Josh was not holding me.

"It will be okay." He helps me to a chair.

"He was okay, like he was okay, he said it himself, he was getting better." I don't want this right now, I dont need this right now.