Epilogue

This was the best feeling ever, I was actually going to Mainland’s, my dream, despite the rocky summer that I had, was coming true. This was the time to start new, to be a new person. I wasn’t going to change myself, but I was going to be true to me and I was also going to try to make some friends. Asha and Stanley had dropped me to the airport and the goodbyes were kind of emotional. I most likely wasn’t going to see them till my duration in university was over and that was in four years’ time. Four years was a lot of time to be away from my family, but the journey would be worth it.  For the while, video calls and phone calls would have to suffice.

After a full day of travelling to my destination; a long ass plane ride and a couple hours in a taxi to reach to the school, I was finally here. The place looked exactly how it did in the catalogues and I was exhilarated to be here. I squealed inside, I was ready for the school year. I was a month late, so I had to take some time to get to know the ropes and to set up my schedule and all that. I went into the office and was greeted by the secretary.

“Hello Miss German, how was your flight here?” she smiled, her smile was as warm and bright and she looked as friendly as her voice sounded.

“It was really long,” I said with an exasperated look on my face.

“I could imagine,” she replied. “My name is Sara Pond, the students just call me by my first name, which is fine with me.”

“Nice to meet you Sara,” I said as I shook her hand.

“The head master isn’t in right now, so I will be giving you the tour and help you set up the schedule, then you I’ll show you to your room, where you will meet your roommate for the year.”  She said as she handed me a file.

“Sounds great,” I smiled.  I took a seat in front of her, as we went over the recommended courses that I had to take this semester. I had chosen plant pathology as my major, which I was really excited about. After making my schedule, as promised she gave me a tour, she showed me the classrooms where I had to attend my courses, she showed me the gym, the cafeteria and the laundry room, because I was so tired from the trip, the tour was shortened. The file that she gave me earlier contained notes and assignments that I had to catch up on.  Then she showed me to my living wing, which was an all-girls section, that had about 200 rooms, with two girls to each room. She showed me to the room and then left, she also stated that I could stop by her office at any moment if I needed help with anything. I might take her up on that offer I thought, she had a refreshing personality and I felt welcomed already.  I opened the door and gasped at the room, it wasn’t a fabulous room, but it was really cozy, it was separated in two different sides that was cut in half by a divider, each half had a bed, a closet, a dresser and a computer desk, in the middle there were two sinks and a mirror facing each other with a space in between and there was also a small cupboard and a bedroom fridge.
“This is awesome!” I said aloud as I entered in, my side of the room was empty, so I had a lot of setting up to do before I settled down, I would make it reflect me, which was an exciting experience for me. I threw myself on the bed, my new life had finally begun. Suddenly the door opened, I sat up as I prepared to meet my roommate who was already here and settled in before me. Sara said that my roommate would have given me the better tour and tell me more about the school. my heart pounded as I saw Taylour walk into the room.

****

This is the end of the book guys!! This journey went by really quickly and I am happy that you made it too the end. I hope that you all enjoyed reading, feel free to message me how you felt about the whole book and don’t forget to vote and comment.

As you could see the epilogue shows the beginning of Sophia’s university journey. How do you feel about Taylour being her roommate? Things are going to get real heated. Stay tuned for book two “It’s different.” I will be posting an announcement as to when it will be published. For now it’s goodbye till then.

Again I’d like to thank you guys for reading, without you the writing experience would not have been so fun.

Special mention my supporters from the beginning.

Alyah my publicist.

Yvonne for assisting me with the plot.

Oisha , Anwar and Kehinde for y’all bomb ass reactions that I looked forward to after every chapter.

Love you guys. Till next time.

Kisses
Brie.