Two

- February 24, 2018 -

Ava dropped her duffle bag dramatically as soon as she entered the suite. Twelve hours of traveling sounded just as awful as it felt.

Articles of clothing dropped to the floor as she made her way further into the room. Cardigan, sneakers, leggings — all stripped off and thrown haphazardly. It was warm, a stark change from the still freezing temps back home in New York. Her oversized t-shirt hung down to her thighs, opting for comfort over anything else for the day of traveling.

It was late, the only light being a tall standing lamp tucked away in the corner of the room. It was so quiet the ocean could easily be heard. A slow, calming peace fell over Ava as her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting.

The sliding glass door at the back of the suite was open, a slight breeze coming through the sheer white curtains that hung from the ceiling. A king size bed was off to the right, tall posts with more sheer drapes hung from the corners. The pillows looked gigantic and the deep navy duvet looked soft and smooth, even from where she stood.

She peaked into the ensuite, a bathroom unnecessarily large with a jetted soaker tub and rainfall shower stall, double sinks and two oversized mirrors. There was a stash of candles organized on the counter with stemmed roses delicately placed on either end, a box of matches sitting on one of the candles lids.

She stretched her arms up over her head as she heard the click of the key card lock opening, the heavy door of the suite swinging open.

Turning in the bathroom doorway, Ava saw her suitcase roll in first with a frowning Harry close behind. "That should not have been that difficult," he spoke as he entered the room, letting the door fall closed behind him. "How did they only have you on the reservation? We have the same name for fucks sake."

Ava smiled as she leaned against the door frame, taking in his frustrated state.

"Yeah we do." Her tone was suggestive, an attempt to bring him back to the moment, to the real reason why they were even there to begin with.

It caught Harry's attention, his head snapping in her direction as his eyes took her in. She'd never tire of that. The way he looked at her, like he was trying to peer into her soul and see all the ways he was etched into it. Sometimes, Ava felt like he could see right through her. Like she was a wide open plain for him to settle his home on and live happily ever after.

He didn't move at first, standing perfectly still next to the too heavy, over packed suitcase as his eyes raked over her t-shirt clad body. The left side of his mouth lifted the tiniest bit for the smirk to start to form before he moved. He reached for her once he was close enough, arms slithering around her waist to pull her close. His hands rested perfectly on the curve of her back, his front flush to hers as his eyes flicked over her face.

"We do, Mrs. Styles."

His voice was lower both in volume and tone. The words rolled off his tongue as if he had been saying them for decades when in reality it had only been 22 hours.

Harry pulled Ava with him as he took a step back, effectively moving them out of the doorway in favor of pushing her up against the wall beside it. He completely invaded Ava's senses - warm breath cascading across her lips, cologne that had no business even still being on his skin infiltrating her head.

She smiled slightly just before he pressed his mouth to hers. His lips were soft, yet still tugged hers into his waiting mouth. His tongue teased along her bottom lip in the smoothest way, warmth spreading to the pit of her stomach instantly. His tongue eased into her mouth, tasting her slowly before sucking her top lip.