To Be A Journalist - Alya - HOO

Summary: Alya gets the interview of her dreams, but it slowly turns into a nightmare. (Focused Alya Salt)

It was no secret that Alya Césaire had dreams of being a famous journalist. Just like it was no secret that Marinette Dupain-Cheng wanted to be a designer, and that Juleka wanted to be a model.

Alya prided herself on her journalism skills.
Who knew these skills would be her downfall?

Earlier that morning:

Alya liked to consider herself lucky. She had the most popular blog in Paris, a caring boyfriend, and a wonderful, sweet, and kind best friend. A year ago, some might have thought this was about Marinette. Alya's best friend didn't go by Marinette Dupain-Cheng, she went by Lila Rossi.

Alya couldn't help being happy. With a life as perfect as hers, who wouldn't be? Alya wanted to rush into school that morning and tackle Lila into a hug, she wanted to repeatedly thank her for the interviews.

Alya knew that Lila was the best friend she needed.
As she got into class, she rushed to Lila to tell her the good news.
As usual, the whole class was crowded around Lila listening to fascinating tales.

"Guys, guess what!" Alya beamed. The class was a bit peeved at her for interrupting Lila, but Lila didn't seem to care and they were curious.
"What is it, Alya?" Nino inquired.
"I GOT ACCEPTED TO BE INTERVIEWED BY OLYMPIAN NEWS!" Alya shrieked in delight.

From the other side of the classroom, Marinette sucked in a breath. She knew exactly how that interview was going to go down, and it would not be pleasant. Her bluebell eyes landed on Lila's grimace. Lila would never be happy for her 'best friend'.

Lila quickly smiled 'happily'.
"That sounds awesome, Alya!" She said.
Everyone else started to congratulate Alya, except for Marinette.
"I couldn't have done it without you bestie!" Alya smiled down at the gentle, and loving Lila.
"Awww, thanks bestie!" Lila grinned. She pulled Alya into a hug and shot a smug smirk at Marinette.

Marinette gave her a look of indifference. She didn't care about their supposed 'friendship'. Marinette had plenty of friends in America at CHB. She didn't need friends in Paris.

Lila fumed, but continued her tales anyway. When class ended Marinette tried to approach Alya, but was quickly met with the disappointed stare of Adrien Agreste.
Why can't Marinette just be like Ladybug? I know Ladybug would have taken the high road. Things wouldn't be like this if you had just listened Marinette.

Marinette gave him a glare as cold as ice, as she kept on walking. She tapped Alya on the shoulder.
"What do you want?" Alya spat. Marinette took a deep breath.
"Alya...I think you should remove those interviews from your blog. At least till you finish the interview."
Alya snorted in disbelief.
"Why would I ever do that? Those interviews from Lila are what made Olympian Journalism recognize my talents. Go be jealous somewhere else! I'm glad I don't have a friend like you anymore." Alya said with pride.

Marinette did not feel anything. She didn't feel hurt, or happy with the outcome she knew would eventually happen. She stopped feeling things towards her classmates, it made things easier. Marinette knew she tried. She warned Alya, and if Alya didn't listen...then Alya would pay the heavy price.

Marinette held her head up high, and walked away from Alya. Alya laughed with Lila in triumph. A triumph that would not last long.

It was after school. Alya took two hours getting dressed. She wanted to be perfect! She was meeting THE Vianne King. She was 16 years old. She was head of Olympian Education and Olympian Journalism, which was just two parts of Olympian Industries. They had Olympian Air, Olympian Architecture, Olympian Manufactury, Olympian Jewlery, Olympian Beauty, the list goes on. The woman was rich, and cold. The press had a riot trying to catch her smiling. They never succeeded.