☑ ʲᵒⁱⁿ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁿᶜʸ ᵇᵃˡˡ

chapter twenty-seven

It was a very nice room, noted the (h/c) haired young woman. The resort is very exquisite in every nook and cranny and she was very blessed to be staying in one. She did not really expect that Daisuke would bring her in his business trip but nevertheless, she was still thankful since she could really use some time to relax from all the problems she has at her hometown.

Her throat vibrated in satisfaction after taking a sip of the carbonated water. Although it doesn't taste better than a normal mineral water, she just feels a little fancier due to it being served in a lavish wine glass. 

(Y/N) patted her extra large plain white shirt that covered her upper body up until her knees. This was a hand-me-down from a cousin of hers but she didn't mind; it was very comfortable to sleep in. She took a look of her appearance on the mirror, some strands of her (h/c) locks sticking out from the messy bun that she made her hair into.

Her eyes glanced over the clock that was hanged just a few inches from the window. It was already 9 in the evening, maybe the people that are loitering in the lobby are not that many anymore. This was her chance to visit the famous snack bar to sustain herself with some munchies that she could chow on until midnight.

She went out of her room, the peaceful hallway welcoming her. A satisfied smile climbed into her lips as she childishly skipped her way to her designated place to go to. Her flip-flops squeaked irritatingly against the marvelous fur that were propped against the floors of the resort but she didn't minded it.

The young woman patiently waited for the elevator that brings her directly to the main hall to open since that's the nearest place to the snack bar. She witnessed a finely dressed man in a tuxedo scooting away from the center to make space for her. She flashed him a quick smile before entering the elevator as well.

The purplish brown haired male shifted his weight uncomfortably as he seems to persuade his self to say something to the duster-wearing girl beside him. He leaned a little closer to her and cleared his throat in the process.

"Good.. Good evening, ma'am. Aren't you.. one of Mr. Kambe's associates?" He whispered politely as he can, the volume still enough for (Y/N) to hear him. She tilted her head to the boy as she raised her eyebrow in confusion with his sudden question.

"I uh.. Yes, sir. May I know why you're asking?" The boy blinked before he bashfully fixed his composure. The elevator finally dinged out of nowhere as its door was now opened, revealing the crowded lobby with a lot of elegant-looking people chattering with each other.

"Tonight's the schedule for the foreign investors' ball."

(Y/N) froze before her sight shifted towards a handful of individuals now looking at her way, probably questioning why she was wearing a sleepwear in a formal occasion. The whole resort was booked exclusively for the stockholders and CEOs of different companies that were a part of the week-long business trip that's why it was expected for everyone to know about the important socialization ball.

'Ah.. this is actually today, huh?'

•••

"Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the opening of our-"

The voice of the host drifted away with the jabbering of the crowd and the ravenette's murky thoughts as he found his self in search for a certain (h/c)-haired woman. On the process of his piercing through the sea of investors, he was greeted by some familiar faces to which he all responded with a simple smile.

(Y/N), on the other hand, sat individually on the snack bar where a couple of unidentified people passed by her from time to time. She kept on fixing the neckline of the silver dress that she was wearing, not used to the feeling of satin cloth hugging the frame of her body.

Daisuke finally breathed out a sigh of relief after successfully getting a glimpse of the young lady's whereabouts. He made his way to the unoccupied seat beside her, surprising her in the process as he suddenly sat on it.

"Hey.. What's up?" The girl timidly asked upon noticing her boss' arrival. The ravenette simply responded with a 'not much' with the wave that she gave, making the broad purse her lips in weariness.

(Y/N) shifted her weight on the chair as she tried to listen to whatever it is that the host was blabbering about, only to fail miserably because of the boredom that was creating a barrier around her head. She inched closer towards the male beside her and whispered something.

"Are formal balls always this boring?" She spatted out of nowhere, making the boy raise his eyebrow. Her face was now adorned with a grin as she patted his back playfully before mumbling a clear 'I'm just kidding' to the silent man.

"Wanna ditch the place?" She once again joked while chuckling with it but to her surprise, the ravenette nodded. Her orbs of (e/c) shined in enthusiasm upon noticing the male standing from his seat and extending his arm towards her.

"Is it alright for you to sprint?" 

(Y/N)'s grin grew wider, her fingers clutching on the end of her dress before revealing that she was wearing a rubber shoes underneath the beautifully woven satin gown. 

Daisuke's lips curled in amusement as he finally had the courage to touch her hand, gripping it gently as he aided her in standing up. The (h/c) haired girl smiled ever so genuinely, the poor defenseless boy's heart melting in an instant. For some reason, both of them looked at each other's eyes for a brief minute, the orchestra in the background glamorizing the moment even more for the ravenette.

He was only snapped out from his thoughts upon feeling the female's fingers squeezing his hand, her infamous beam still designing her facial features.

"Come on, let's leave this event together!"