Nerdy and the Beast- Chapter 1

Guys I'm really excited about this book! I hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 1- I got one less problem without you

"Yo! Yo! Yo! Ma Little sissy, how ya doin this fine morning?"

"Fine until I realised that you were still in my life" I say sarcastically as I take a spoonful of fruit loops.

My brother had just joined a new club where rapping was their gospel and Eminem was their preacher. Honestly, he was terrible at rapping and sounded like an angry mobster shouting out random things that don't make sense no matter how much you try to piece them together. I mean spending my nights listening to my brother trying to impersonate Iggy Izalea wasn't exactly what I wanted. But of course as his sister I had to support him even if it did cost my sanity.

"Your words are like daggers piercing through my soul girl" my brother clutches his heart trying to speak ghetto.

"And your words are a pile of useless mess" I cynically shoot back. of course I didn't mean it and he knew that I didn't mean it as well. this was just the way we communicated, none of that mushy brother and sister shit.

"Girl, you need to find more friends and get your head out of books once in a while" he gestures at a book that I was reading.

I peer from behind my thick black framed glasses and raise my eyebrow.

"Friends are a waste of time and energy. They are a hazard to my intellectual intelligence....especially those who attend my school as you saw last year at the food festival" I curtly say as I go back to reading my book.

"Oh yeah I remember that! But that was awesome, your school was crazy! I wish I attended a school like that when I was your age.....be thankful you're not shipped off to some military school"

"Thankful? Lucus, they nearly burnt the whole entire festival down" I roll my eyes at the memory. some stupid jock decided to use fire works but had them face the wrong way resulting in fire works blasting everywhere.

"Anyway, have fun at school and stop being such an anti social and get out more. I'm worried about you" he ruffles my hair with a worried expression.

"Whatever" I mutter.

He gives me peck on the cheek and runs out the door with his bag.

It's been 2 years and I haven't spoken to anyone at school. the only time I ever spoke to anyone only was when I required to. I mean I've kept a low profile all this time so why change that? Friends? I don't need them, intelligence and responsibility is all I need. clearly those are things that my school don't value.

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear before checking myself in the mirror.

My hair is tied roughly back (but not messily) leaving loose strands on the side while my black framed glasses are perched on my nose. Today I decided to wear a pair of light blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt with a trench coat over it.

I grab my bag and head towards the front door where I slip on my old worn out black converses.

But before I leave my mother comes rushing from upstairs.

"Bye sweety, see you after school" she screeches. her lipstick was smudged and her mascara was running.

Did she come home drunk again last night?

I sigh. why am I surrounded by these types of people. Sure I love my mum but she wastes her time drinking at bars and hooking up with random men. Why couldn't she do something better with her life. I wish dad was here......why did he leave me here?