Chapter 12- A Ravager Funeral

In the loading bay. Iris, Gamora, and Nebula are taking care of Mantis as Rocket and Groot arrives. Iris turned and sighed in relief, glad that the man she loves is safe from harm. Iris reach her arms out, motioning Rocket to come to her. Rocket puts Groot down and rushed over to her, and jumped into her embrace.

  "I thought I lost you." Iris cried.

  "You can't get rid of me that easy. All that matters is that your safe." He whispered.

  "Your safety is more important too."

  "Don't ruin the moment." The couple couldn't help but chuckle at each other.

  "Where's Peter?" Gamora asked in a concerning tone. Iris puts Rocket down and looks at him confused. She sees her boyfriend's face quickly went to a sad expression. "Rocket, where is he?" She asked again. Rocket looks down at a timer in his hand. The time from the bomb is almost out. "Rocket?! Rocket, look at me! Where is he?!" Rocket just shakes his head a little. But Groot points sadly outside. "No. I'm not leaving without him." Gamora hardens. She stands and snatches A rifle off the wall. She cocks it. She was about to walk out the bay door. But Rocket stuns her with his gun, making her collapse and fall to unconsciousness.

  "I'm sorry. I can only afford to lose one friend today." He said, tearing up. He turns his head to his comm. "Kraglin, go!" Rocket looks sadly out the bay door as it closes; Drax's voice echoes on his comm. asking the same question Gamora did. Iris walk up and stands next to him. Looking out at the bay door then looks down at Rocket.

  "It's not Peter we're loosing. Is it?" Iris asked, trying to hold back her tears. Rocket looks up and slowly shakes his head. She reached her hand on his head and began petting him, comforting him. As they look at the bay door close completely.

~Time Skip~

   Ego is finally destroyed, The Guardians grabs Peter and Yondu from space, unfortunately Yondu didn't make it. They but Yondu's body on a plank. Various colored cloths are laid in strips over his body and face, yaro lilies beneath him, red-fired pyres and Yondu's toys all around. Rocket, Iris, Groot on Iris's shoulder, Drax, Gamora, Mantis, and Kraglin surround the table while Nebula was watching them in the background. Leaning against the wall. Peter steps up, wanting to say a few words.

  "I told Gamora how when I was a kid I used to pretend David Hasselhoff was my dad." Rocket and Drax gave each other a awkward look. "He's a singer and actor from Earth, really famous guy. Earlier, it struck me. Yondu didn't have a talking car, but he did have a flying arrow. He didn't have the beautiful voice of an angel. But he did have the whistle of one. Both Yondu and David Hasselhoff went on kick-ass adventures. And hooked up with hot women. And fought robots. I guess David Hasselhoff did kind of end up being my dad after all. Only it was you, Yondu. I had a pretty cool dad." Peter starts to break down. "What I'm trying to say here is. Sometimes that thing you're searching for your whole life. It's right there by your side all along. You don't even know it." Groot looks at the upset couple. Rocket was leaning against Iris's leg, while Iris had her hand on his shoulder.

  "I am Groot?"

  "He did call you twig." Rocket responded. The Guardians lift Yondu on the plank. A bulbous and rusty crematory is at the center of the room. It doesn't burn with fire, but a swirling, vibrant cosmic energy. They slide Yondu in as they watch with sadness and respect as his body is enveloped by the sparkling colors. Peter closes the door on the crematory. As Peter walks away, Kraglin approaches.

  "Pete." He called out, Getting Peter's attention. Kraglin puts an MP3 player in his hand. "Cap'n found this for you in a junker shop. Said you'd come back to the fold someday."