Go to the Light (Cayde x reader) [Edited]

Authors note: guess who's risen from the dead once again! Sorry I've been gone for a while. I should've been working on this story since quarantine started, but just got back into destiny a few weeks ago and wanted to write more for this story. I'm working on a few stories at the moment and have the most motivation for this one.
Warning: This involves Caydes death

_________________________________

A lonesome star in a bitter sky
I hear the hungry ghosts calling out in the night
Just a couple victims of this brutal reprise
Am I strong enough to let things just die?

"Hey, guardian!" A voice called out to me as I walked into the Hall of Guardians.
Cayde. Besides my ghost, he was the first to greet me in this new life. He had taught me everything about anything. I took his teachings through the years and had bent them into my own style.
In my first few months of being a new guardian, Cayde had snuck out to join me occasionally. Because of this, I had the knowledge few had possessed. He had taught me a lot on the battlefield. Not one bit of it was false nor wasn't helpful.
He was next to me when I had first died and come back to life. He had laughed his ass off based on my reaction.

Looking down upon Caydes, his last words ringed in my head. Tears threatened my eyes and my breathing got stuck in the middle of my throat. Sundance was broken next to him, showing a few sparks here and there. I pulled him close and held him tight as if it'll bring him back. I made no sound, but my mind was racing. A lover has been lost.

I fight and I fight
Just to keep the spark alive
But if there's nothing on the other side
Why can't I leave well enough alone and go to the light?
Go to the light
Go to the light

"What do you see when you die?" Cayde questioned me.
"If I knew, I'd tell ya'," I responded. "Usually my eyes are closed."
Chucking at my comment, he went back to what he was working on. When he can't get out of the tower, I usually come to him to keep him company. I'd be cleaning my gear well he'd be making them.
"What if they're right about the light?" He asked.
"What about the light?"
"When people say 'Whatever you do, don't go to the light' when something happens to another person." He explained, in an odd way.
"I'm not sure. Maybe it's the heavens opening up to the person or it's the lights in the room mixed with the blurr of their vision."
"I can't tell if you'd fit in with dead orbit or Ikoras nerd group sometimes," he had joked. "What about life after death? What's on the other side?"
This had made me stop what I'm doing. "Once again, I don't know. Much like my life before this one, I don't know what I saw during death. It was like I was waking up from a nap, but without memories of the hours before then. And never had a dream. Are you sure your debating whether if fit in with Ikoras group or Dead Orbit? You're creating questions for Ikora to ponder and subjects for Dead Orbit to write about."

I couldn't understand what Ikora and Zavala were saying. I stared down at his body. My hands were shaking. I tried to keep a strong look but I'm pretty sure it was failing to keep up. Ikora gave me sorrowful glances, understanding my pain. She was the first to find out and guess our little relationship.
"Uldren Sov," I looked up as I spoke. "Is mine."

A shadowy hand turns the page
A dark theatre, move across the stage
Teeth like a cone, scrape against the sky
Feelin' alone in a room full of life
Stealing a few extra moments and fighting against time

"This place is so good!" Cayde had said. "I'm so glad even after the attack on the tower they re-opened."
"Wait up then!" I yelled at him.
We had decided to spend the day together since we both were able to get some free time. Even after being at the tower for well over a few years, I'd never thought of trying out any of the shops inside the very place I protected. Cayde took some offense to this since I had never tried the spicy ramen in a place nearby. He wanted to take me there before we went to the movies.

I looked down at my hands, watching the tears falling into my lap. I didn't want to look up and believe he was gone. I felt so alone in my pain despite my people around me mourning his death. I felt his whole death was on my head. If I had been there sooner, he could still be alive. I had found Uldren Sov's last known location. We will get our revenge.

Pushed on and pushed aside
I've changed my song to match each story, I've changes sides
Can I watch 'em as they fall when they finally try to stand
Redeem myself for everyone I've buried with these hands?

"And then... Pow!" Cayde had screamed well telling a story. "Right through his head! The rest of his fallen buddies and had seen how strong I was and scampered away. They knew what was good for them."
I always loved his story. All different, but with one verdict. Cayde comes out as the champion. After a few seconds of laughing, we walked in silence. It had started to rain. Neither of us had thought to bring an umbrella so we walked through the rain. Cayde had given me his jacket because 'he was an Exo and didn't need it' along with 'besides, you look cute in my clothing'. That last few comments had made me blush. But, we walked hand and hand down the path. A few minutes of walking, we managed to get into the middle of the park, where a beautiful view of the city lights and natural beauty had mixed.
"Hey," Cayde said, after about 10 minutes of Silence.
"Wh-" I was cut off by him pushing where his lips should be onto mine. After a second of shock, I gave into the kiss and threw my arms around his neck.

Staring down to Uldren Sov, he now felt the fear Cayde had. I had taken down each and every Baron. Picking up the Ace of Spades, I looked Uldren Sov. He looked pathetic. And yet I still felt no sympathy. Raising the gun to meet his head, I thought of Cayde. Just like Uldren had done for his sister, I had done this for Cayde. The silence after the gunshot was deafening. It had spoken louder than any words I had ever heard.

I fight and I fight
Just to keep the spark alive
But if there's nothing on the other side
Why can't I leave well enough alone and go to the light?

The rain couldn't fit the occasion anymore. Just a few hours earlier, Cayde had revived his revenge. I hadn't spoken or made contact with anyone after that. But, news quickly spread through the tower as I walked through with Caydes gun enclosed in glass. My eyes were dried of tears since I had wept since his death. Since the news had spread quickly, the tower took a moment of silence to reflect on Cayde and how many deeds he did for the tower. Everyone stepped aside and stayed quiet. Even those still crying over his death in the shrine. Candles burned around it and a picture of Cayde was in the middle. As if some god, many offerings were scattered around the shrine. Pictures of him and guardians, pictures of Colonel, and packages of top ramen. Right below his picture, however, was empty. So, I had placed the gun down with only 11 shots left. Two missing. One for Cayde. One for Uldren Sov. The world had seemed to stop beside the rain outside the shrine keeping everything dry. Looking up to his framed picture, his last words went through my head once more.
"I love you, (Y/N)."

Just let it die [(go to the light)]

Word count: 1439
I'm aware this is a bit short, I had so many ideas for this, just didn't know how to execute. And out of all the ideas, this is the fastest one I had thought of even though I wished it was a bit longer.