Chapter 16: Work Studies Pt.1

The next day, during homeroom, Aizawa made an important announcement.

"The school is letting you first years do work studies. Except, you will have to find your mentors yourself because we do not recommend it. Work studies are not like last semester. These demand more work and you will actually be fighting against villains." He explained as he passed out the registration papers.

I would have to talk to my brother if I could join him or if he could recommend me to anybody else. He works for Endeavor's agency, but Endeavor could leave me to my brother because he is more of an independent hero.

"Which agency are you going to for your work studies?" Ochaco asks.

"Probably Endeavor's and work undercover with my brother. Hopefully they'll let me." I replied.

"I'll put a quick word in for my dad. Don't keep your hopes high though." Todoroki chimes in before going back to his desk.

I texted my brother right away and he said he would talk to Endeavor for me. The new number one pro hero had come to watch Todoroki when he took some of his evaluations for the provisional exam, so he knows my quirk and my power.

I just hope I'm placed with my brother.

~~~

Two days later, I got a call from my brother in between my courses.

"Endeavor said yes, and you will be working under me. It would be nice to have another Tanaka spy." My brother said through the phone.

I jumped in the air excitedly, "Thank you, thank you, thank you Kurayami.!"

"Don't thank me Ryoko, thank Endeavor, he's the one that said yes. Give your paper for Endeavor to sign to Todoroki." My brother informed me.

"Will do." I replied before hanging up.

I couldn't believe it, my first job as a hero and I will be working undercover like my brother. It's a dream come true.

~~~

Before I could even meet the main man, Todoroki told me to report to my brother from now on. I listened and walked straight to my brother's club after school.

"Little sister, how nice for you to join us." My brother said as he was in the middle of a meeting.

The other men inside looked like smaller crime lords and black market dealers. They all looked intimidating with their scars.

"What is a student from U.A doing here? She could be a spy!" Yelled a small chubby man.

Kurayami. only laughed, he perfected the evil laugh any true villain should have, "Calm down, my little sister is actually my spy. She knows the importance of her mission. She's a good deceiver, isn't that right?"

I nodded to keep quiet. That was one of the few rules my brother gave me. Do not speak.

"Alright then." The chubby man mumbled before they returned to their important topics.

I took mental notes of everything they were saying to report back to Endeavor. Kurayami was most likely doing the same. I didn't realize this was so challenging until an hour past and I was starting to forget what was first discussed. So much to remember.

"Now leave, I have business to attend to. Please, enjoy some drinks and dancing if you like, but no more work talk. Save that for this room." He said before he walked out, and I trailed behind him.

Once we were in the safety of his office, he threw me a dress. It was a tight black dress, but was less revealing than my last one.

"You will wear this and walk around the club tonight. Eavesdrop near the bar, flirt with the men your age that wear their crime symbols. I need you to tell me everything you hear, good or bad." He informed me.