(CHAPTER 17) CONVINCING HEARTS❣️

Both of the man sat on the dining table with their chit chat going on. Peter excused himself and entered the kitchen asking Valentina to bring lunch fast.

While Dom's eyes lingered on the wall paintings that depicted heavenly flowing river. He was observing it, how beautifully it had been painted? The artistic skills were amazing. Thinking about the artist his mind drifted towards the beautiful and pure soul, Bell.

Taking a long sigh, his eyes searched for her. But couldn't find her; maybe, she would be in her room. Due to the recent incidents she might be hurt. Because in normal days she would either read a book or indulged in painting.

Peter came with Valentina and started setting the table. Looking at Valentina, Dom couldn't stop blabbering, "Mom, I'm very hungry. The whole zoo is jumping in my stomach. Please bring the lunch fast, I cannot control now."

She smiled, "You are always hungry, my tiger. Today, I had made a special dish, I'll bring it."

Listening to this, Dom's eyes sparkled with joy. The fresh aroma was enwrapping him and he closed his eyes. Taking a long whiff, his pale body got some strength. Impatiently, he closed his eyes to inhale the delight but his breath got hitched.

Wearing a full sleeved black gown with small beads on it, Bell was standing in front of him. She was looking damn gorgeous. To confirm its real; he shut his one eye in a mischievous manner, blinking twice. He cannot contain his gaze in front of the great beauty.

Her white skin tone looked more prominent with chocolatey hair tied in a bun. 'Why doesn't she let her hair open? She would look more beautiful with her locks set loose.' His mind was making him imagine things he had not thought of.

Dom looked at her eyes but she acted as if he doesn't existed. The look on her face was gloomy yet she continued arranging the table. When Peter cleared his throat Dom got shaken suddenly. He peeled out his focus from her, glancing in Peter's direction.

Everybody was seated. Peter sat beside Dom and Valentina with Bell. The arrangement was in such a way that Peter was facing Bell and Valentina faced Dom.

Peter was smiling sheepishly at him. Valentina came to his rescue. "Take the food on your plate; you were hungry, Nah." And she scurried the dish towards him.

"Taste this Dom, you might love it. Val's hands work magic on food." Peter added with a mouthful of roasted meat.

Dom took a large bite of the roasted heaven savoring the taste with his eyes closed. "It's really yummy. I must say Val, you're literally a master chef. But there is one thing I would like in it, and that's some more salt." He replied stuffing his mouth with another bite.

"Ya sure, I know my son likes more spicy food." Valentina backed him.

Peter also nodded his head. The whole table chirped with their chatter, there was only one who was quite the whole time; Bell.

She just looked at her plate and ate peacefully not paying attention to their conversation. She was in her own world. But her behavior didn't get unnoticed, his brown orbs noted her every move.

Her silent reverie was broken by Dom's pleading voice. "Bell, will you pass me some salt, please?" She took it, gripping forcefully and banged it on the table.

This caught her parents' attention. Peter turned towards her and questioned Dom, "Everything is going well between you?"

He replied instantly, "Yes, yes everything's fine."

Bell ate silently, she was furious while Peter thought 'They are kids; maybe they had a fight among themselves.' Valentina stood up from the table and went to the kitchen. She came with a freshly baked chocolate cake. The delicious odor filled the surrounding.