What I want.

"I'd rather let you cover all my roads with thorns than with dead roses." ~ Nema Al-Araby

I called Melissa, one of our top agents, and I could at least convince the client to take her in as their agent.

I read his file Alexander Salvatore, the name sounded familiar but I couldn't put a picture to it, he was looking for a lavish mansion with specific modern detailing. He was putting a lot of money into us and this house.

Melissa appeared in my office with her iPad in hand ready to take notes, we made small talk until the pronounced client would make his way in. 2:32pm came around, and I was slightly agitated. I am a time freak; everything has to be on the dot.

I picked up the phone to call Danielle, but she bust in the door announcing the arrival of Mr. Salvatore

"Hello Mr. Salvatore, thank you for joining us on very short notice." I stretched out my hand, emotionless; he had already wasted a couple minutes of my time

"Nice to meet you Ms. Flores" He gripped my hand, with a smirk

"Now, straight to business, this is Melissa," He glanced at her then back to me "She will be your agent assisting with all your needs and getting the house of your dreams"

His face turned serious "I thought I made my orders clear" his green eyes captured mine heatedly; he glanced back at her then back to me.

"Melissa is one of our top agents, she is more than capa-"

"I do not want Melissa"

I was speechless, I couldn't believe his tone towards one of my employees. What was so important that he needed me solely on this project "Melissa can you please excuse us..."

"Yes Ms. Flores" she bowed out

"I own a chain of businesses; I am not impressed by mediocre work. If I want something I will get it, I want the head agent, the agent that isn't easy for anyone to get, the person so happens to be you then that is final" he instructed, his voice laced with arrogance and dominance I could hardly sit still.

"Would you like some coffee?" I stood up walking to the machine across the room

"Yes" he said curtly, I felt his eyes on me, studying, surveying, trying to decode my layers.

I handed him his coffee, and sat back down, glancing over at his file, "Welcome, to Arlington Real Estate, it's a pleasure to serve you" I said warmly, his eyes darkened, I couldn't break the stare, because I was going to win this one.

We shook hands after going after his specific wants and needs, structure and price range. "I'll have a copy of the contract with you this afternoon", he nodded and then left.

Two seconds didn't pass by and Danielle bust through the door, handing over some files that I needed to sign, "He was hot, why the hell were you going to send him over to Melissa"

"Firstly he's an arrogant asshole who apparently gets what he wants" I whispered "And I always make necessary opportunities for my agents, but apparently that's not what he wants. He wants top tier quality work"

"Well Jordy make us proud"

"Don't start with me Dani, set up his contract and send it to his secretary, let me start looking up open houses for him."

I geared up to leave late, after 4 more meetings, calls and research I left the office. Danielle had already left the office to attend a dinner with her family. Today she was finally introducing her boyfriend of a year to her family. I sighed as I pulled up to my apartment, I envied relationships, but I never trusted anyone, they always had a second agenda. Hence my one night stands which some never seemed to satisfy me the way I wanted them to.

I set up a calming bubble bath and pulled out a bottle of wine. Lit some candles, gathered some chopped fruits and snacks. This was how I was going to spend my night, binge watching Dynasty in a bubble bath.