Is that a challenge?

"A trap is only a trap if you don't know about it. If you know about it, it's a challenge."
― China Miéville

His hand trailed up my thighs, as he planted kisses all over my body. His hands weren't reaching the places that I wanted to. He was torturing me. Wanting to see if I could break, beg and plead for him. I let out a moan as he tweaked my nipples.

'That's it" he said as he climbed up for a kiss. I stared into his eyes. His green eyes.

I gasped and rolled out of bed and fell...hard.

"No, no, no" I muttered, I couldn't have been dreaming about him, it was a nightmare. I started to get ready for work which basically consisted of me showing Alexander more houses, that he would probably act like a bitch and deny all.

My phone rang constantly since I was in the bathroom and I finally had a chance to pick it up

"Hel-"
"Oh my god, Jordyn I am so extremely sorry, we were drunk and slightly horny and I didn't even know what I was thinking, and Max had already called a cab before I even thought about calling you. I am so so so sorry"

"Danielle, why in the hell are you screaming" I sieved trying to control the pounding in my head

"Awww, you hung-over babe" She smiled "But how was the sex"

"What sex?"

"With Alexander silly, one of Max's friends said you two left together"

I stared at the phone stunned, "We didn't do anything, I swear it, I couldn't even if I had the chance"

"Oh now you want to be ethical, when y'all were basically having sex with clothes on in the club"

"I was a mistake" I gulped remembering the flashes and the sensations "We didn't even know"

"He knew"

"He knew what you meant?"

"He left the blonde bimbo, and came with Max on the dance floor; he knew it was you,"

He couldn't have, he knew the nature of the business, he was my client, and I was his agent. We couldn't risk anything going on, anything being leaked to the press. I prided in no Agent/Client intimacy, and here I was breaking my own rule at the club.

"Um earth to Jord"

"Uh huh?"

"He wants you to meet him at his office at 9"

I peered down at my watch, seeing it was already 8:30 "Alright Dani, I might not make it to the office until late this afternoon"

"Yes ma'am" she hung up

She sent the location of his office, it was a half hour drive and I was late, by the time I handed over my keys to the valet and arrived up the 8th floor to his secretary, it was 9:05.

"I good morning, um I'm here to see Mr. Salvatore, I'm Ms. Flores"

"Right down the hall to your left"

I followed her directions to his office and knocked on the door.

"Come in"

I entered to see him concentrating on some files. The way his eyebrows knitted together in concentration, sleeves rolled up, looked as handsome as ever. I averted my eyes to the view behind him. He was in the heart of it all, stunning and busy. I took the time to take in his office, it was modern but lacking a lot of personality, just a clock and some certificates aligning the bland looking walls.

"Have a seat Jordyn" snapping me out from his snoozing décor

"You called for me?"
"I'm apologizing for last night, I should have kept it professional"

"So you knew it was me?" I raised an eyebrow to his apology

"If you would like to send Melanie to me that would not be an issue" avoiding my question

"You mean Melissa, she's already on an assigned project, and are you admitting that you knew?"

"Or anyone you feel fit for this job, I will accept it"

"Are you kicking me off this job Mr. Salvatore? Because you couldn't keep what's in your pants in check" cocking my head to the side

"Princess," he sighed "I don't mix business with pleasure, what happened shouldn't have happened with you. I don't want to make this uncomfortable for you, and make you weak under pressure."

"Whatever do you mean" I said tracing the mahogany desk, peering up to him through my eyelashes

"I mean a tease, if you didn't know," His eyes darkened, standing up and walking around the room "I'm afraid you won't be able to focus on your task"

"Is that a challenge?" standing up to him, I liked challenges, I liked to push people's buttons, I like to show them who's boss. And I never lose.

"Say yes" his voice deepened, he was behind me trailing a finger behind my neck, cascading down my side. I held in a breath for so long, part of me wanted to say yes to see what he would do to me right here right now. Part of me knew the way it was going was wrong and I could simply just assign someone else to this job and evade his presence forever. But he challenged me; I didn't work hard just to be a weakling. I gathered up all the strength to turn around and look him in the eye, those beautiful green eyes.

"I'll see you at the next house in 45 minutes, don't be late" I smirked and walked off. I wanted to see his face, was he stunned or just had that dumb smirk on his face.