Who Is Arlington?

The week was a blur to me, for the past couple of months we were busy on open week, Which was held this Friday, along with my first gala the following Saturday. I prayed the late nights I stayed at work, working out specifics, getting clients, long meetings with staff and the planner, paid off in full. It was the first gala I would hold in the name of my business.

All houses would be open to the wide public to view, it would also make people that had an eye out on the specific house buy faster.

Danielle smiled bringing a hug towards me "I love you,"

"I love you too" I said, a tear falling from my eyes

"Why are you so emotional" she cried out

We had that moment; she was the only one who saw this side of me. She knew it was a lot for me. I was doing this for my brother.

Danielle and I worked hard on this, after the event was all over I was booking us a vacation.

The week slipped by fast, I was all over the place, making sure everyone was on the P's and Q's, and tip top shape, clients were happy and business was coming in. Throughout the entire week, my mother called me l, criticizing the entire gala.

"Why was this the planner you choose"
"Why is this the venue you chose, you could have our ballroom"
"Who's invited"
"You can't plan this right"
"Your father has to go on a business trip"
"I might go on vacation this weekend, cancel it to next week"

It was like she was doing this to get in my head to bring me down
I ignored her for most part of her comments, but it struck a nerve when both my parents couldn't make it. Like I need her stress on the most important week of my career.

Alexander called to congratulate me on open week. "Do you have a date to the gala Ms. Flores?"

"To be honest I've been so jam packed I haven't even thought about a date"

"Would you like to be mine?"

"Are we ready to come out with us?" I asked, he was silent for a bit "Exactly, we'll be there for a just as friends"

"So we're friends now huh?"

"Alexander" I laughed "You have an amazing day I'll see you Saturday"

"You have everything under control? Need any help?"

"Nah, it's done either way but thanks for the offer"

"Anytime princess"

Saturday arrived faster than I could have imagined. I was all over the place from dawn, making sure everything was ready, Danielle was dealing with the vendors and staff. Danielle had been sleeping over at my house for the past week so we could work overnight.
The gala started at 6, I had to be home by 4 to be at the venue at 5. We had our dresses tailored and delivered to us yesterday.

The gala was going smoothly, everybody was having an amazing time, speaking business wise or personally, dancing on the dance floor. It was great. I felt a light tap on my ass and I was ready to pummel whichever male did such. Alexander stood tall with a smirk on his face. He looked drop dead gorgeous in his tailored suit.

"Like what you see" he said taking 2 flutes of champagne and handing one over to me

"Maybe" I bit my lip

We downed the glasses and started dancing and talking, having a ball of a time

"Well well isn't it my soon to be son in law" my mother greeted

We stopped dancing "Hi Ms. Flores, nice to meet you again"

"Jordyn I must say, you outdid yourself"

"I thought you said you weren't going to make it"

"I how would it look on my reputation that I didn't attend my daughter's first gala"

"Ahh, no wonder"

Danielle came along interrupting the awkward conversation between us three "It's time Jordy". We made our way to the stage. It really had a lot of people here. I stood at the podium intertwining my fingers. Danielle stood next to me giving thumbs up.

"I would like to thank everyone one who made these chain of events possible and successful, from truly amazing staff, clients and faithful donors" applause rained down. "It was truly a pleasure working with you all"
"This is my first time ever hosting a gala, and I really need a couple days off after this" the crown chuckled
"Arlington wouldn't be possible without my guiding angel Jason. Jason, Danielle and I always dreamed of having our own company together. And since his passing with Danielle by my side I don't know how I would have made Arlington into how it is today." I looked at her and we smiled at each other. "Tomorrow will be 2 years since his passing. And the open week and this gala is in honor of him"
"Thank you for being here even to celebrate with us."
I swallowed the lump in my throat "to Jason" raising the glass that was handed to me
"May his soul rest in peace" the crowd toasted

I turned to my side and gave Danielle a hug, nearly collapsing in her arms "thank you" I said shakily.
We left to go to the bathroom, fix up my makeup and head back down to the ballroom. Conversations passed left and right. I had one thought in the back of my head, to find Alexander. After a couple champagne glasses, toast and finger foods, I saw him, dancing with Lillian. And he looked very uncomfortable while Lillian made googly eyes at him.
I made my way over to them "I'm cutting in" I said dismissing Lillian.
"Damnit thanks Jordyn" he sighed in relief "how are you even related to such"

"I wonder if I was adopted sometimes, it really makes sense in my head"

"Congrats, this entire week was an amazing outcome"

"Thank you"

"I must say I'm proud"

"Monsieur is that a compliment" I said mocking a French accent

"But" his face etched with concern "I didn't know about your brother, why you didn't tell me"

"I don't like to talk about it" I said looking away "I just let everyone figure it out"

"He'd be proud too," he said, his eyes pulling me in. I laid my head on his chest as we swayed to the beat.