Is this your pick for your Husband?

We walked back in and went up to the stage where my father, Lillian and another guy, which I'm guessing is her fiancé, stood waiting for us. I stood in the back next to Lillian who gave me her famous fake smile.

"I understand, you've heard the news" she giggled, exaggerating her right hands movement to show off a dainty little rock.

"Of you getting a ring out of a vending machine?" I smiled "Or becoming my mothers lap dog?"

Her grin faltered "Don't be jealous now Jordyn"

"Jealous?" I snorted "I'm independent, have my own business, I don't beg to be noticed by my family, what exactly should I be jealous for?"

"At least I have a man and can keep him"

"Blink twice if they're holding you against your will?' I said to the guy

He ducked his head and looked out to the crowd, to avoid my question of the day.

"Good evening everyone" my mother began, she started to touch on the two Empires and she and my father created and how the gala meant so much to her. Then she called on Lillian, to come forward. She and her fiancé held hands and walked up. "Lillian and Harry are getting married in December" she applauded, the crowd rumbled and clapped on their achievement.

"And my daughter Jordyn, is looking for a potential bachelor to sweep her off her feet" she began while I walked forward "It's hard to find true love in a day and age like this" she said letting out fake tears "Especially having your own business and finding love, but she can work it out with her future, and maybe collaborate with my empire" she touched her caged heart and brought me in for a hug. Glasses of champagne were brought forth to everyone for a toast.

"To love" my mother cheered.

"To love" everyone cheered clinking glasses together.

"So this is your chance to socialize and have fun" music started to rise back up along with chatter

I left the stage and bumped into Dani "That was the most fakest of fake speeches" She laughed handing me a glass "The lady next to me started tearing up"

"Yea she knows how to put on a show" I sighed "But now I have to find myself a husband"

"What? You're really going through with this huh?"

"I have no choice, it's either I find myself a man, or she finds a prison mate for me."

"See anyone you have in mind?"

I scanned the crowd in front me "Nope, none at all"

"Good evening ladies" someone greeted us "My I steal this lovely lady" he gestured to me in a British accent

"Sure" Dani mocked his British accent.

He pulled me to dance floor "It's not every day a beautiful lady like you is put out for love, and meet a prince like me"

"Yea beautiful ladies like us don't wish for it" I said tight lipped

"Yea, right, I have an irresistible charm don't you think" wiggling his eyes in a weird manner.

"I am definitely resisting all right" I laughed, squeezing his hand to stop the shit from spewing from his mouth.

He laughed "Playing hard to get?"

"I don't want to be got at all" I smiled

"You seem like a lot handle, not anyone can handle you" he grinned "But I surely can"

"Yes sir I aspire to be just that, but I believe I can handle my own self quite well,"

I was about to throw an insult at him when someone caught my attention