15. Babygirl.

Elijah Whitmore.

5:17pm

'I had everything I needed
But now my life is so blue
You meant the world to me
But now you're gone and I'm so blue
And even though the sun is shining
I spend my day, I spend my day
crying over you'

Prince's falsetto filled my room as I was laying on my bed with my hands behind my head thinking about all of the possible things that went wrong between me and Journey for her to step out on me.

I've been in this melancholy state for the past week and I can't seem to shake it, I can't let it go because I need to figure out a time I did something for her to cheat. Not to sound cocky but, I'm was a good- no great boyfriend to Journey and I was like that in the very beginning.

I was straight up with her when I said I wanted a relationship and she happily agreed. Something changed within her after our first year together. When Junior year hit, her notoriety in school increased and she felt like she was entitled to everything because of that.

We had a little falling out because of that and we took a break for two weeks and got back together like nothing happened. The two of us didn't discuss the problem at hand, we just moved passed it.

A foolish mistake.

A knock on my door broke me from my thoughts, I sat up and said 'come in'.

My mom opened the door and walked inside of my room, looking around then setting her eyes on me, "Hey baby, how you feeling?" she quizzed, sitting on the side of my bed.

I turned my boom box down, "I feel somewhat better, I'm still hurting though."

She gave a close mouth smile, "That's to be expected after a heartbreak, baby. But if I know you like I think I do, you'll move past this even stronger than you were before. God doesn't give you anything you can't handle." she explained placing her hand on top of mines.

I smiled, "You know the right things to say to cheer me up ma. You should become a minister or sum'. Preach the good word to the church folk." I grinned while she smiled.

"Whatever boy. Have you talked your feelings out?" she questioned.

I raised my eyebrows, "Only to Kendall, and..."

"And who?"

"Dang lady you all up in my kool-aid and don't even know the flavor." she straight faced me, "And... this girl I know."

"Girl? You don't have too many girls as friends. Do I know her?" she asked.

"I doubt it. She makes it easy for me to talk to her even though I don't know her that well, it's kinda weird but I'm comfortable when conversing with her ya know." I looked up at her to see her smirking.

"Uh huh ma, don't make that face. There ain't nothing going on between us so you can drop that look."

She stood up, "I didn't say a thing." she smirked while flattening out her nurse uniform, "Have you spoken to your father lately?" she changed the subject.

"Yeah, we talked about baseball and me possibly spending Christmas break with him." I responded.

"How long ago was that?"

"A month."

She shook her head at my response, "You should contact your father more, Elijah."

I sighed, "He's the father, if anything he should be reaching out to me more. I'm his son." I simply said.