37. The Urban Legend.

Elijah.

My foot tapped against the foot of the bed to the intoxicating groove of Love Rollercoaster that's playing from Kendalls' boombox

My foot tapped against the foot of the bed to the intoxicating groove of Love Rollercoaster that's playing from Kendalls' boombox. I grabbed the apple juice box from the nightstand and took two sips of the cold drink, I placed the almost empty box back on the stand.

I've been in the hospital for the last two days which I wasn't expecting. My long extended stay is due to Mrs. Brown, my doctor, wanting to be completely sure that nothing else is torn, broken, or bruised. I appreciate her looking out for a brother but I wanna go home. The food is wack, the room is always cold, and I smell moth balls and rubbing alcohol 24/7.

Oh, I had a MRI scan today, they were making sure I don't have a concussion. Which I don't, thank God.

The swelling in my face has gone down so I can recognize myself better. The pain in my shoulder, not so much has changed. The meds help but I still get those harsh strains. As far as the knife wound, that'll be a permanent scar.

I've gotten a ton of get well cards and flowers, even from people I don't know. I got a card from the devil herself, Journey. I didn't bother to read it before ripping and trashing it. Not trying to get caught up.

I look at the time on my wristwatch, "Where are those baldhead scallywags, a brother is starving." a groan escapes my lips, referring to Karmen and Katrina.

"They should be back in a few, Rex's isn't too far from here." Kendall flips through his TV guide.

"Hey, have you heard about the urban legend to Love Rollercoaster?" he questions, tossing the magazine on the end of the bed.

My ears perk in interest, "Tell me more." I sit up to focus my attention on him.

"Check it, so you know ole girl who's on the cover of the Ohio Players Honey album, covered in honey? Well, the legend is that during the photoshoot for the cover, the honey fused on her skin and it couldn't be removed. Of course, shorty was pissed so she went to the studio as the Ohio Players were recording Love Rollercoaster. She wouldn't shut up, so the bodyguard kills her and her scream can be heard around the 2:30 seconds mark. Listen." Kendall rewinds the tape as I look at him with wild eyes.

We sit quietly and listen for the scream, and sure enough, the screaming cry of a woman can be heard faintly.

He pauses the tape, "I really hate that you ruined the song for me."

"I never said it was true, that's why it's called an urban legend." his lips spread into a mischievous grin, replacing the tape with another.

"Maybe it runs with the theme of the song. Rollercoaster, screaming." I reassure myself.

"That type of scream doesn't happen on a rollercoaster." he presses play on the tape.

The familiar intro instantly made my head bop while I tap my fingertips on my covered thigh.