9. That's What You Get For Being Polite.

A/N- Make sure to press that star and leave feedback throughout the chapter. I highly appreciate it ;)

Katrina

October 27, 1987

6:57pm

"If you decide to run off on me tonight I swear on Father God I will leave you and not feel one once of sorrow, Alex. It's bad enough that I have to go on this date that I sadly asked for and on top of that, I have to babysit. The life I live." I said the last part more to myself.

"Sheesh Kat, you make it sound like I cause havoc everywhere I go." Alex spoke up as we stood in the line of the ticket booth of the fair.

I side eyed him, "I'm assuming you don't recall that time we were at uncle Tommy's wedding and you knocked over his twelve layer cake while playing cops and robbers?" I handed the money over to the ticket guy and he slid two tickets over to me as I thanked him.

"Cousin Danny pushed me into it, it wasn't my fault if you want to get technical." he shrugged as we walked into the fair.

"Or that time you flooded your dad's basement because you felt like 'swimming'. That was a infamous one." I chuckled.

"Okay I get it, I can get out of control sometimes. I turned over a new leaf, it's like an early New Year's Resolution in October. I'm going to prove it to you tonight on your date. I'll be the sweetest little angel." he batted his eyelashes while smiling.

I only shook my head as I took in my surroundings, food stands, arcade games, and interactive games filled the area. The fair comes to Brooklyn twice a year, once in spring and later in fall. I always try to attend both because this is the place to have a good time. The purple and red ferris wheel is my favorite asset to the fair

"There goes PK and Karm!" Alex broke me from my thoughts, he pointed in the direction of the Wacko-A-Mole game. Alex let go of my hand and ran towards the two, he clashed into Karmen's leg, hugging her left one. She jumped before looking down and grinning at him before returning the hug.

Kendall was too busy playing the game to notice our presence, "Shit, shit." he hissed as the words game over flashed across the screen, "These games are rigged anyways." he testified.

"Don't blame the game for your trashness." Karmen interjected.

"You see how she treat me Alex? She act like I won't square up with her oompa loopa lookin butt right now." Kendall stood in a boxer stance while Karmen stared at him.

"If you don't get yo Sammy Davis in the face Webster in the height lookin ass out my face-"

"Hey! We not gonna start that back and forth clowning tonight. Karm, come to the stand with me. Ken, watch Alex." I requested.

"I'm a grown man. I don't need a babysitter." Alex defended.

"If you want a funnel cake, I advise you to shut your mouth." I glared at him. He stayed silent before turning away and began to converse with Kendall.

Karmen giggled as we began to walk to the stand, "The two of you are a trip."

"Alex is a trip by himself. He enjoys putting on a show." I stated.

"Have you seen Jeremiah yet?" she questioned.

"Nope. Honestly, I hope he doesn't show." we ordered our food, the cashier instructed us to stand to the side to wait for our food.

"May I ask why?" Karmen's full attention was on me.

"I'm not vibing with him like I thought I would be, like, we're not having a connection, at least on my side of things. Also, he's very touchy feely. When we walk down the hallway, he puts his arm over my shoulder or at my locker he would grab my waist and rub it. I would just awkwardly laugh it off and move is hand, but he still continues to do it!" I stressed, "I don't want to make it seem like I'm leading him on."