Chapter 5

As we walked to school we met up with his friend, Howard. He took one look at me then pulled Ninja away from me.

"Who's the hot chick?" Howard tried whispering.

"Its Eris. She found a way to make herself blend in".

"You know I can hear you two right?" I leaned in.

I tried to walk ahead.

"Let's go nin-". My mouth was suddenly covered by his hand.

"Don't call me that here", he whispered to my ear.

"Why?" I whispered back.

"To keep my identity a secret. You only call me that when I'm wearing the suit...got it?"

"Then what do I call you when you're not in the suit?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Just call me Randy".

Well that is...the strangest, most original name I have heard.
What?! That's what I thought about the name! But I just nodded.

A few minutes later...

We finally arrived in school.

It was only my second time being here but I pretended like it was my first. As I was walking with Randy and Howard I noticed a few people staring at me but...in a good way? I don't usually get those kinds of looks. Ok...I NEVER get the looks that these mortals are giving me now. I was not use to it.

A few girls looked at me and where whispering to each other. I had this strange feeling. A good feeling. Is this how people feel when they are...flattered?

"Hey new girl! You coming to class or what?" Howard called out snapping me back to the reason why I came here.

I ran into the class room before the bell rang
Everybody was already in their seats. I slowly walked to find mine.

"Hey new girl come sit next here", a girl waved to me.

As I sat down she introduced herself.

"My name is Debbie Kang. Mind if I ask you a few questions?" She asked me as if she was a reporter.

I nodded.

"Are you an exchange student?"

"Yes", I lied

"From which country?"

"Greece".

"Are you 'friends' with Randy and Howard?" She frowned.

"Yes".

She looked at me like I was a witch.

"Word of advice:If you want some guy friends I suggest you find some who are actually smart".

This wasn't supposed to shock me but it did. Not because she just called them idiots but because she hated them.

Why would anyone hate the ninja? I remember them rooting for him when he was fighting that monster yesterday. I can understand why she would hate Howard...but Ninja?

I was about to protest when some old lady came into the classroom with a skeleton wearing a bow tie that was hanging from a wooden stick, on wheels.

"Good morning class, today we will be focusing on chemistry".

I looked at the weird looking liquids in the odd shaped glass bottles.

"But I always have chemistry for you".

I looked up after hearing a muffled voice just to see the teacher pretending that the skeleton was flirting with her. How strange...and a bit creepy.

"You do know that skeletons are dry bones of a corpse right?" I called out to the teacher raising an eyebrow.

Everyone turned their heads to me with shocked faces. Even Randy was shaking his head looking all panicky.

"Excuse me young lady?" The teacher was basically staring daggers at me.

Based on the fact that everybody was so shocked/bewildered at my comment I had to tell a half truth:

"Well uh-I'm not telling you this as a fact because you're a science teacher but um...that's what I learnt so I was just showing you that I'm up to date with my knowledge of...science!" I smiled nervously.

"Well you learnt right young lady. I have a good feeling about her", the teacher-I mean skeleton said.

As everyone focused their attention on them I noticed Howard staring at me in disbelief and Randy was breathing a sigh of relief.

I looked down at one of the tube like glasses and took a sniff as I picked one up. I was about to taste it when Debbie Kang snatched it away from me.

"What are you doing?! Are you crazy?!" She whispered.

"No I just-".

"You want to die?!"

"No I-".

"These are for chemical assignments. Didn't your parents tell you to NOT DRINK STRANGE LIQUIDS?!" She looked at me like I was crazy.

After class Howard and Randy couldn't wait to chat with me.

"Nobody has ever said that to Mrs Preston before!" Howard told me.

"Why? Shouldn't she know how creepy it is to flirt with bones?"

"That's what everybody here thinks", Randy looked at me.

"Then why not tell her she needs help?"

They just stared at each other then burst out laughing.

I'm beginning to think something happened in my time that screwed up this one.