Chapter 9

I made it inside without triggering the alarms. I was about to enter Mcfist's office when I saw something very interesting through the vent.

I saw Mcfist and Viceroy but they were talking to someone.

"We had it covered! The Ninja would've been destroyed if that scorpion hadn't gotten in the way!" Mcfist looked cheesed off when he said that.

"That scorpion was supposed to get the job done. He should be dead already", a woman in strange clothes replied.

"Actually...",Viceroy spoke up.

"What?" Mcfist looked at him.

Viceroy held up a Mcfist pad and showed a video of Eris saving me...in her true form.

"Who is that supposed to be?"

"That's...IMPOSSIBLE!!" The woman exclaimed.

"Uhh...what's impossible?"

"That was Eris! The goddess of chaos and discord! She must have somehow entered this world".

"A goddess?" Mcfist and Viceroy both raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! But why would this one help a mortal? She's supposed to be rotten to the core...".

My eyes widened after hearing them talk about Eris. All this time I thought she was an innocent person but she was probably just using me. But for what?.

I quickly left and went back the way I came.

When I climbed down Howard and Eris were already standing there waiting for me.

"So what did you find out?" Eris asked walking up to me.

"Enough about you", I answered coldly.

"What's that supposed to mean?".

"Don't play dumb with me Eris. Mcfist is working with someone who knows you...".

"That's impossible!"

"You know what...you really had me fooled. Pretending to be all nice and innocent but you're no better than all the psychos who want me dead!"

I could see that she was overwhelmed with tears now...but I carried on.

"Why don't you just go back to your time and be someone else's problem to regret you good for nothing pile of chaos-".

Eris slapped me in my face. It really hurt. It felt like my jaw was going to break.

"Hey hey hey!" Howard came in to break up a fight that was about to start."Break it up you two!"

"I don't ruin peoples lives,I would never do  that! I don't even know the first thing about being bad on purpose and not caring. I have never hurt a soul, not even you!" Her tears were falling down her face when she was yelling.

I should still be angry but then I saw something in her eyes. I don't know how to explain it but...

She turned around then tried to leave us.

"Eris! Wait!"