* puppies *

* "ahahahahhheh!" y/n cheered as she skipped through the dog pound. "ky, baby! look at all the cute little faces!" y/n said crouching down and petting two small dogs.

jirou sighed and chuckled, crouching down next to her partner and scratching the chin of a pup, "they're cute, huh?"

when she didn't get a reply, jirou looked over and saw y/n gazing at her with wide, love filled, eyes.

"babe, you're so so gorgeous." y/n said and jirou groaned.

"do you always have to be so horny?" she asked, standing and looking around.

"it's my brand, ky." y/n said and she too, stood up, "okay, i want your opinion."

"don't you already know my opinion?" jirou asked, with her arms crossed.

"work with me here, doll." y/n begged, they gently grabbed jirou's arms and leaned in to kiss her nose.

jirou stood there, happily taking the affection, "as long as you still shower me with love i'm all good." jirou said, grabbing y/n's waist and kissing their forehead.

y/n sighed. "maybe we should just go home and roll around in the sheets for the rest of the night?" y/n asked with a silly smile, a seductive glint in her eyes.

"okay, sounds like fun and i'd be totally down if it weren't literally 5:00. not to mention i have a day full of work tomorrow." jirou said, head tilting and eyes looking down to a dog passed out on a cot.

this reminded y/n of where they were, her eyes becoming wide as they looked around and cooed at the dogs.

"what about this big guy?" jirou asked, standing in front of a kennel.

y/n walked over, peeking in to see a big dog laying his head on his cot. "he's too big for the bed." y/n said, crouching down and frowning at the sad looking dog.

the lights above made his shiny brown coat gold, his ears floppy and nearly long enough to reach his eyes.

"looks like a doberman." jirou said, crouching next to y/n, "my mom had a few growing up. she would love him."

hearing that, y/n looked to the counter, getting one of the workers attention. next thing they knew, the couple was walking out of the shelter with a big boy by their side.

once out of his kennel, he perked up immediately. they had played with him outside, or at least tried to, all he wanted was to cuddle and get pets.

days flying by the boy got more comfortable, the couple deeming him 'golden boy' while they thought of a more  suiting name.

"sweet boy!" y/n called, getting the boy to raise his head from the couch, "we have a guest, bud." they said, shuffling over to him and showering him in love.

the next person to walk in was jirou's mother, her eyes lighting up as she saw the big baby with his eyes squinted as y/n scratched his chin.

"you think he's cute?" jirou asked her mother, watching the woman offer the boy her hand.

"he's such a sweet baby." she cooed, kissing his forehead and rubbing his cheeks. "you look just like my old dog, bud."

"ky, said you grew up with doberman." y/n started, "ones he remind you of any of them?" they asked, getting a nod from the older women.

"he looks like my pa's dog. he was this big skinny doberman we called 'little boy' but he was the biggest of all the dogs." she said, letting the golden boy sniff around her. "he was brown just like this guy, his ears were clipped though and he had a nub tail."

jirou rolled her eyes, getting y/n to laugh as she started up, "this guy thinks it's cute to hit us with his tail." she said, playfully glaring at the dog who just looked ta her with puppy eyes. she gave in, moving over to pet him while the other to conversed.

"that's usually why people get them clipped, also so another dog or person can't grab it." mika said, melting as he leaned into her.

the woman gasped suddenly, eyes wide as she grinned and looked at the two.

"you should have him be your flower girl." she said, getting jirou to raise her brows while y/n cheered.

"that's a great idea!" she said, sitting next to her future mother-in-law so they could both babble to the dog about how cute he'll be.

the younger jirou stood watching the two, her cheeks painted a light pink as she thought of the wedding.

it's coming up, soon.

she sighed, a smile slipping onto her face as she shooed the two away from the poor boy. "give him space you two," she said, pecking her lovers cheek before taking their hand and gesturing for them both to follow her.

"i wanted you to help us make the playlist, mom." she said, making sure neither of them could see her face as she flushed and a nervous smile graced her cheeks.

"aww," y/n whined, going soft as mika giggled.

"of course, baby." she said, "let's go, i'll make some food so we can eat and work." she continued, distracting y/n from completely falling to the ground while mumbling about how cute her girlfriend is.

"you're weird," jirou said, pulling her lover up to kiss their lips while her mom entered the kitchen.

"and you're adorable." y/n said, leaning up for another kiss before pulling jirou into the kitchen.*

a/n: wedding chapter next :)