03. Home Sweet Home

[Home]

Sam woke up with a jolt after dreaming of a blonde woman in her bedroom, screaming. To say he was confused was an understatement.

The next morning, Dean was on the computer and Natalia was sitting reading John's journal. Sam was drawing a picture of a tree.

"All right," Dean said. "I've been cruisin' some websites, Nat's been reading Dad's journal and scanning articles. I think we found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali -- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas. Hey." Sam looked up from his drawing. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"No. I'm listening. Keep going," Sam replied.

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." He waved his hand in front of Sam's face. Any of these blown' up your skirt, pal?"

Sam looked at his picture. "Wait. I've seen this."

"Seen what?" Dean asked as Sam got up from the bed and searched through his duffel bag. "What are you doing?" He found a photo of their family from when Natalia was a baby and compared the photo to his drawing to see they were the same.

"Dean, Natalia, I know where we have to go next."

"Where?" Dean and Natalia asked.

"Back home -- back to Kansas."

"Okay, random," Natalia said. "Where'd that come from?"

Sam showed the photo to Dean and Natalia. "All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house. The house where Mom died."

"Yeah."

"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, the rebuilt it, right?"

"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin' about?"

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but... the people who live in our old house -- I think they might be in danger."

Natalia's brow furrowed. "Why would you think that?"

"Uh... it's just, um... look, just trust me on this, okay?" He started to walk away.

Dean followed his brother. "Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give me and Nat a little more than that."

"I can't really explain it is all."

Natalia planted herself on the floor and crossed her legs. "Tough. I'm not moving until you spill. Doesn't look like Dee is either."

Sam sighed and his siblings waited expectantly. "I have these nightmares."

Dean and Natalia nodded. "I've noticed."

"And sometimes... they come true."

"Come again?"

"Look, Dean, Nat... I dreamt about Jessica's death -- for days before it happened."

"Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." He sat on the bed.