57. War

[Good God, Y'all!]

INT. HOSPITAL

Bobby, wearing a bathrobe and ball cap, sat in a wheelchair and stared out the window. Dylan sat near his uncle. Sam and Natalia watched them from the doorway. Natalia still refused to go anywhere near Dylan if she could help it.

Dean arrived with a manila envelope in hand. "It's been like three days now?" Sam and Natalia sighed. "We got to cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a back rub. Nat, you've gotta talk to Dylan sooner or later."

"Dean," Sam called, noticing Natalia's wide eyes and shaking head.

"Well, what, then?"

"Look... we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time."

Dylan, who had walked up said, "He will. He's resilient."

They paused and Sam looked at the envelope, which said X-RAY.

"What's in the envelope?" Natalia wondered.

"Went to radiology," Dean replied, opening the envelope and pulling out the contents. "Got some glamour shots."

Dean handed Sam and Natalia the contents of the envelope, a chest x-ray with strange writing on the ribs. "Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

Sam and Natalia examined the writing, which was in Enochian. "Holy crap."

"Yeah, well, Cas carved you both one, too."

Dylan frowned. "You guys have writing carved into your ribs? What the f-"

Sam's phone rang and he answered. "Hello? ... Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil," Dean and Natalia commented.

"Ah, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you - Cas?" He hung up.

A woman in scrubs and a man in a white lab coat rushed past with a piece of equipment on a cart.

A voice of the PA said, "Dr. Cohen to the ER, stat. Dr. Cohen to the ER, stat."

Castiel walked past them and the other passerby and stopped at Dean, Sam, Natalia and Dylan.

"Cell phone, Cas?" Dean asked. "Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now - all angels," Castiel exclaimed. "I won't be able to simply-"

"Enough foreplay," Bobby interrupted, causing Dean, Sam, Castiel, Natalia and Dylan to look at him. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on."

No one moved.

Bobby looked over his shoulder. "Get healing. Now."

"I can't," Castiel admitted.

Bobby turned to face the angel. "Say again?"

Castiel walked up to Bobby. "I'm cut off from Heaven and much of Heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't. Azrael is cut off as well, excluding her given job."

"You're telling me you and Azrael lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?"

"I'm sorry."

"Shove it up your ass." He turned back to the window.

Dean turned to Sam and Natalia before saying, "At least he's talking now."

"I heard that."

Castiel returned to the siblings, while Dylan returned to his uncle, and said, "I don't have much time. We need to talk."