0

Okay, so as to avoid confusion, in this universe there are no quirks, but all the characters still attend the elite school UA High. Mirio, Tamaki, Nejire, and Yuyu are all third years, and Midoriya, Todoroki, Bakugo, and all the rest of the 1-A/1-B gang are all first years.

Hanahaki Disease, also referred to as the Flower Illness, stems from a one-sided love. The patient will first experience severe chest pains and difficulty breathing. Some time later, they will begin to cough up blood and flower petals of various types and colors. There are only two known ways to cure the disease. The first is to have the patient's love be reciprocated, in which case the flowers will disappear and symptoms will stop almost immediately. The other option is to have the flowers surgically removed from the patient's lungs; however, this method will also rid the patient of their feelings for the person they love.

The disease, however, is extremely rare, and as such there aren't many people in today's age that even know of its existence. But just because it's obscure doesn't mean it isn't real, and it is severe. If a patient goes too long without one of the two available treatments, their death is inevitable. Without treatment, they will eventually succumb to the flowers, suffocating from the flower stems and petals growing inside their lungs.

It's a terrifying thing to think about, especially to someone who had never even heard of it beforehand. Such is the case with Tamaki Amajiki, a high school student at UA High, an elite school where some of the country's best, most promising students went. Tamaki really didn't think of himself as one of those people. In fact, he was a third year student now and he still sometimes had trouble believing he really belonged in such a place.

This is his story. The story of a boy crippled by his own mind and feelings. The story of how he contracted the Flower Illness and had to suffer through it for months in end before things finally began to change. Whether they were to change for the better or for the worst still remains to be seen...