I Know You

Another by: ColorWolfMangelDevil

(Flashback)

"Hello!" A young upbeat blonde spoke up.

"What's your name?" Another young child said, they had H/C hair and E/C eyes.

"I'm Creighton, how about you?" The blonde responds.

"My name is Y/N, wanna be friends?" They asked.

"Sure!" The boy says, extending out his arm.

Y/N takes it and gently stands up.

(Flashback over)

Y/N POV

I wake up from my daydream, I was finally in TastyHills after a long airplane ride. I suddenly feel the jet lag setting in. Crud.

Remembering back then when things were nice was really fun, I wonder how that 'Creighton Styles' is now?

Well, too late. He probably doesn't even remember me, also- I think I'm gonna faint.

We'll be right back-

Alright, done sleeping. Time to go to grandpa!

"Yo, grandpa. Where are you?" I yell out into the resto with closed lights.

"Welcome to TastyHills Y/N!" The lights turn on as grandpa and Uncle Bobby hug me.

"Hiya guys, how are you all? What happened here?" I ask, looking at the place. It looked so rundown...This used to be flooding with customers, what happened?

"Well, ya see Y/N..." My grandpa explains.

After a whole minute of the story I understood what happened, I really don't care. I just wanna cook and bring this resto back up!

After a whole shift I decided to walk back home, everything was fine until I saw a familiar fluffy blonde with blue eyes being mobbed on my way.

Wait...

I know that blonde hair...

Those blue eyes...

WAIT-

"Creighton!?" I asked in a voice loud enough to be heard across the crowd.

As everybody clears up slightly he finally manages to see me, his eyes widen as he makes a running start towards me.

"Y/N! Why are you here?" He asked joyfully.

"Where have you been all this time? I heard you were in TastyHills the last time I got news from you. How's life?" I respond.

"Well, I have a TV show now. And I'm a world renowned chef, not much actually." He says, prideful of his accomplishments.

"Wow! You fulfilled your lifetime dream then, congrats!" I say happily.

"We should catch up, I heard you opened a restaurant. I'll pick you up from there!" He says, waving his hand as a gesture of saying bye.

"Alright! I'll wait for you there." I wave back.

That was nice, he finally did it then. I wonder if he remembers the moments where we used to taste test each others food?

I continue walking home, smiling at what happened earlier. It's quite nice to see someone from your childhood isn't it?

I put my belongings aside as I go fix myself up, I grab the journal grandpa gave me and started writing.

(Dear diary, no- that's too cliche.. I've never done one of these before, today was really fun. But tiring. I finally arrived at TastyHills and after that I visited my new resto. I'm still giddy saying it's mine, on the way back home I saw a close friend of mine from when I was young. Who knew Creighton would grow up to be that successful? After all, he started with a dream. I'm going to meet him again tomorrow, sounds good.)

I close the book and store it in my drawer, I wonder what I'll wear on our date- wait, it's not a date. It's a friend catch up, I should wear something casual.

I decided on skinny jeans and a simple long-sleeved turtleneck.

Next Day~

I walk over to work again, our meeting was around 4:00 I suppose.

After my shift, Creighton finally arrived. He was in a purple hoodie and blue jeans, it looked great on him.

"Creighton!?" My grandpa asks in shock.

"Not here for you old man, I'm here for Y/N." He doesn't even spare a look at him and pulls me out, what happened to them?

After we've walked a bit we manage to find ourselves in some sort of hill-area with a nice view over a sunset and lake, it was beautiful.

"Hey Creigh..." I mutter towards him.

"Yes Y/N?" He says in a gentle voice.

"Remember our promise?" I ask him.

"Let's be a couple once we grow up?" He repeats the moment.

"Yeah, do you still wanna do it?" I ask him.

"You know what, that sounds awesome."

"I love you Y/N."

This is who I knew, underneath all that fame. I still know you.

"I love you too Creighton."