009

kim sunwoo
"what if i dive deep? will you come in after     me? would you share your flaws with me, let me know,"
- honesty

---

it's been three years since they met. sunwoo can still remember it vividly, how she walked inside the room on the first day of their second semester.

the way she moves so gracefully, the way her skin glows underneath the light, since then han areum made an impression that left him breathless.

"sunwoo?" he blinks and snaps back to reality.

"h-ha?" he asked, areum stares at him and after a few seconds she chuckles.

"tara na," she said.

kanina pa pala nakapasok si areum sa sasakyan niya. he laughed and nodded bago siya nag simulang mag drive.

madaming nangyari sa isang taon pagkatapos nilang grumaduate. areum still paints, but last summer nag trending she because of customized bag na may paintings niya.

sunwoo on the other hand, ipinamana sa kanya ang art gallery ng parents niya. areum sometimes displays her artworks there.

nagpasama sa kanya si areum para bumili ng gift for cara. she invited him kaya he's already clearing his schedule for her birthday.

minsan na kasi siyang napapasama sa hang outs nila and the clique enjoys sunwoo's company. he's fun to be with at halos hindi nauubusan ng topic.

"punta tayo sa department store, i'll buy her a bag." areum said and sunwoo nodded.

they headed to the bags section and while areum is busy looking for a bag, sunwoo is just tailing her.

areum became his bestfriend after their blind date. they realized they have a lot in common, from their hobbies to the part that they are both labeled as the 'sidekick'.

sawa na silang maging extra character na lang. sawa na silang maging wingman para sa lead roles.

sunwoo had a lot of dating experience pero wala pa siyang naging girlfriend. hana is the best reason why. nauuwi siya sa pagiging tulay at bestfriend.

"may blind date ka uli?" areum asked, sunwoo nodded at tinignan ang mga bags na naka display.

"oo. this time si mama na 'yung nag push," sunwoo chuckles.

areum smiles while checking out the leather bag she picked.

"excited na siguro si tita," areum glances at him and puts the bag back on it's shelf. nagpatuloy sa paglalakad si areum, sunwoo scratches his nape and followed her.

"ikaw? ayaw mo na talagang i-try ulit?" he asked, areum immediately shakes her head.

"first and last blind date ko na 'yung naka date kita," she replies and laughed.

he's areum's first and last date because since then, ayaw na niyang makipag blind date. hindi niya alam kung bakit, all she said was nag try lang daw siya to see if it works.

sunwoo awkwardly brushed his hair and looks at her.

it's been three years.

he fell for her on that day, and he's been hiding his feelings for her for three years. sunwoo thinks that it's time.

"uh ayaw mo talagang mahulog ulit?" he asked.

"hm, i don't know. i'm afraid of falling inlove," she said and picks another bag.

"bakit?" sunwoo tried his best to be casual. areum looks at him and smiles.

"what if it's not reciprocated again?" she asks.

he knows what she's talking about. it's her experience with renjun.

sunwoo sighed and looks away. his heart is beating so fast, he shoved his shaking hands inside his pocket before looking at her again.

"what if someone is actually waiting for you? what if your feelings will be reciprocated?" he asked.

areum smiled at him then shifted her gaze back on the bag and checks it.

"what if lang 'yan," she said and shrugged.

"trust me, meron."

sunwoo takes a step closer to her as he finds her gaze. he swallowed the lump on his throat and slightly leans on the shelf when his knees started to wobble.

"talaga? sino?" areum looks at him. as soon as their gazes met, he spoke.

"ako."

timing.

sunwoo, for three years find the perfect timing to say this. to confess, to let her know how he feels about her.

in this moment, hindi na niya alam kung nasa perfect timing siya. he just said it, hoping she wouldn't feel awkward after this.

but then, she just stared at him, he couldn't read her. her lips started to curve up and formed a smile and responded to him, which he doesn't know how to react.

it's just one word, but he couldn't process it because it has a lot of meaning. he never knew that word could make him confuse so much.

"gago."

that's what she said.

---