014

na jaemin

"remind me of the things i used to miss,
i'm slowly learning to get used to this."

- maybe

---

jaemin wasn't sure why he's nervous today.

jeno and sunhee made their way to the resto's garden where the party is while jaemin is still standing in front of their car. the party is visible from where he's standing and he already saw some of his friends.

he swallowed the lump in his throat and sighed. 

relax jaemin, it's just her birthday. 

 he glances at his gift for her and started walking towards the venue. malayo pa lang siya ay rinig na niya ang tawanan nila. as he walks closer, his heart beat is getting faster and faster. he already saw felix who is laughing along with yohan.

he also saw haechan chatting with hana and areum, then shuhua who is talking to someone on her phone, jeno playing the guitar for sunhee, and the rest of the gang are eating and talking. they are having fun, it's been so long since he saw them complete.

then there's cara. for almost two years of not seeing each other, she's still the same. only went prettier and thinner, but her smile is still the same. the color of her hair is still the same, she still likes bread, she's holding it right now like it's the most precious thing in the world. she's still the girl who has stolen his heart years ago.

jaemin stops just to stare at her.

how have you been?

he wants to walk continuously like nothing happened. acting like it's okay and he has forgotten about everything, but he just froze. he just stood there and look at her from afar because he would melt if he went closer.

cara slowly turns at his direction and their gazes met, his heart skipped a beat.

he felt the nostalgic feeling as soon as cara slowly lifts the corners of her mouth that forms a smile. a warm and genuine smile, that kind of smile that reminds him of everything he missed about her. in that smile, jaemin melted.

but when someone brushed past him, he realized that cara wasn't purposely giving him that smile. it was meant for someone else, for the guy who's at her side now—and that guy is not na jaemin.

he smiles bitterly as he looks down, he was a fool for believing it. he was a fool for letting himself get lost in her smile. but he admits it, he admits that he still felt it. 

because even if he'll get distracted by billions of things, even if he runs away to move on, his heart will still know it's way from where it belongs.

it belongs to her. to cara.

---