096

lee haechan
"this is your verse. ill miss you forever,
our song is ending my voice, please remember,"
- pluto

---

"haechan," yerim called. he turns to look at her and saw her walking towards him. worry is painted on her face.

"i heard it from yohan," she said, "you're going to talk to her?"

napapikit na lang si haechan at bumuntong hininga. for sure nadulas na naman si yohan, he can't blame him pero ngayon na alam na ni yerim, malabo nang mangyari 'yun.

he looks at her and begs using his eyes. ayaw niyang magsalita kasi nasa likod lang nila si manager jin.

yerim. please let me.

he knows yerim won't let him. if she did, mawawalan siya ng trabaho. manager jin won't let it slide but he still tried.

yerim looks away and pursed her lips. all his hopes went down, wala na talaga siyang pag-asa.

"let's go, doctor jung is waiting." she said at nauna na sa van. haechan froze. hindi na niya makakausap si hyejoo.

manager jin is already calling him kaya pumasok na siya sa loob. yerim is ignoring him. the whole ride is silent, no one started a conversation, even manager jin who nags him. they just stayed silent.

nang makapasok na sila sa loob, saktong narinig nila ang news na galing sa tv sa main lobby. the news is about him and the dating issue.

this time, it's really pertaining to hyejoo. non-celebrity and metro city's socialite. he thanked the lords in heaven for not mentioning her work here as a medical intern.

the company already cleared the allegations a few hours ago. the articles have been posted and the haters went silent again.

but he has to talk to hyejoo right now to assure her of that, and because he needs her right now.

yerim went beside him, placed her arms on his shoulder and whispered, "go."

haechan stops and looks at her. she's giving him a look and then smiles.

"cr ka muna?" she asked and then turns to manager jin, "jin, cr muna siya. samahan ko," she said and drags him away.

haechan looks at her while they are walking. he wants to thank her and hug her. she has done a lot of things for him, as a manager and as a best friend.

"right now i'm not your manager, i'm your best friend so go get her."

he saw yohan, hyunjin, yangyang, renjun, jeno and felix scattered around the hospital habang papunta sila sa rooftop.

nang nasa may staircase na sila, they saw shuhua and casandra.

"she's already there," shuhua said and smiles.

"i'll wait for you here," yerim said. haechan nodded before walking up to the rooftop.

he immediately saw hyejoo standing, she's leaning on the railings.

"my luna,"

to be honest he's ready for what will happen. if she wants to let go, he's willing to let go. it's painful but it's for the best.

she turns around and smiles. her smile comforts him the most. it's so genuine, hindi siya palaging ngumingiti but when she smiles, it can melt your heart.

haechan scooped her to his embrace. he missed this girl so much. ilang araw na silang hindi nag-uusap dahil dito.

as much as they don't want the hug to end, kumalas na ito dahil wala na siyang masyadong oras. kung magtatagal pa sila, baka mawalan na ng trabaho si yerim.

hyejoo caressed his cheeks and smiles. he closes his eyes as he felt her warmth.

"my sol," she said under her breath, it's faint but it speaks right in his heart. ther gazes met and she saw the pain in her eyes.

"you can't date someone like me," she whispers and rested her forehead against his.

there, she said it.

her hands went down to hold his hands and slowly intertwined them as their foreheads touch. haechan, for the second time felt this familiar pain.

but now, he accepted it.

"maybe in another lifetime," she said and raised their hands, "maybe in another universe," hyejoo tiptoes and kisses his temple.

"i love you my sol, but we can't be together."

maybe she's right.

a traitor tear fell and hyejoo hugs him again. haechan cried silently in her embrace. this is the last time they'll be together.

he accepts it. it's the best for her, ayaw niyang masaktan si hyejoo. the both of them didn't want to ruin each other's dream, that's why they gave up on love.

the love that keeps them going.

dreams, ah.

hyejoo and haechan, just like sol and luna. they can't be together.

---

the line "you can't date someone like me," is based on 5 am's last chapter before the epilogue. 'yun 'yung sinabi ni hyejoo kay dodong pero in their case now, the tables have turned.

and you prolly noticed this, pero i-chika ko pa rin sjndjsj their story line still contains 'dreams' just like 5 am's plot.