024

lee haechan
"she was my dream, this pain it kills me
and now I'll let her go"
- she was

---

today is his day off. actually he has a two week off until his comeback. he woke up early, cook his breakfast, scroll through his social media and at 9 am, he'll get ready to go to the hospital.

he's having a secret meeting with doctor jung these days because he wants to know something. ayaw na niyang abalahin si yerim since busy din naman siya sa shop niya.

he drove to the hospital, not feeling nervous. he's ready for whatever the result is. either way, he'll live like it's his last day naman. that's his mantra.

he walks inside and immediately went to dr. jung's office. he fiddled his car keys as he casually walks on the lobby, and then went inside the elevator a few minutes after waiting.

as soon as he entered, he saw a familiar face staring at him. and when their eyes met, he suddenly felt nostalgic.

busking, '18.

it was the pair of eyes he first met on a sunny day, he was singing when their gazes met. he remembered how he sang the song like it was meant for her.

langit siya, ako ang nasa lupa.

she became his dream. moments with her felt like he's dreaming.

hyejoo.

he opens his mouth, trying to reach the door but he just froze as he went to a trip down his memory lane.

and as the door closes, his heart ached. it's like the pain is still fresh, like it was only yesterday when it happened.

haechan closes his eyes and leans back.

as soon as he arrived at the 3rd floor where dr. jung's office is, he's hesitating to move. he stared at the elevator door and steps back.

he decided to go back, he decided not to hear the results today.

he called dr. jung and said he couldn't come and went straight to the parking lot. his heart is still aching as he drives to the place he considered as his sanctuary.

and when he got there, he immediately went to the railings and cried his heart out. the memories came back, including all the pain he felt.

suddenly, everything reminded him of her.

he remembered that he took her here— on the night of her birthday, where they escaped their realities and live in their dreams.

she was his dream— a dream that was once made him happy.

now, all it did was to bring him pain.

---