107

one day we met

sunwoo is always fascinated with the art of falling in love. growing up with an almost perfect family, he witnessed how his parents wake up in the morning, looking at each other's eyes full of love.

he also wanted to experience that.

he wants to experience what it feels like to wake up everyday and the first thing you see is the love of your life. he wants to experience what it feels like to spend the rest of your life with your other half.

he's always romantic. he's always vocal on his feelings, maybe that's why he goes on many blind dates.

but he always end up being alone.

if this was a movie, he would be the second lead actor, a sidekick of the universe's hero,  a best friend who is always there for the main character, the extra character that is just behind the spotlight.

he doesn't know if it's because of his friendly attitude, or he's just not lovable enough.

he then met areum, first day of second sem, first year. she's just tailing with renjun, he finds her cute especially when she's alone. she's like a lost child.

they are classmates but he never got a chance to talk to her. she's silent and reserved, it's like she can't keep up with sunwoo's energy.

but still he tried. nag-uusap sila minsan sa chat and areum is suprisingly bubbly. mataray din ito sa kanya at palagi siyang inbox zoned.

he met a lot of people, including hana. he admits that he fell for her, but when he knew again that hana is in love with renjun, he stepped back and gave up.

after a month, he went for a date again and suprisingly, areum is his date. he remembered how she glared at him for being late, he remembered how her nose scrunch everytime he tries to tell her pick up lines and jokes like she has heard it a million times.

that day, marami silang napag-usapan, and then the next day lumabas ulit sila, until they become closer and closer. he learned a lot of things from areum, she's like a girl version of renjun. they both are full of wisdom.

sunwoo taught her to be more confident, he suggested to do some things, blogging, posting more of her works on social medias, he even encourage her to do modeling in shuhua's clothing line.

he knew about areum's anxiety disorder kaya siya na rin ang sumasama sa kanya sa therapist, buy her meds and take care of her whenever she has attacks. he knows exactly what to do that's why her parents trust him so much.

he stayed by her side while hiding his feelings for her.

at first, he's hesitating. baka nadala lang ako kasi palagi kaming magkasama. and so he went on many dates and met many girls only to find out that areum is still the one in his heart.

and so by the fourth year of their friendship, he confessed and proved to her his feelings.

areum is so afraid of falling in love again, she has so many what ifs, she has so many fears.

as she looks at sunwoo and how he smiles at her genuinely like she's the only woman he has ever loved, areum thinks that the risk is worth it because it's him.

sunwoo taught her that it's okay to catch feelings because he will be there for her— and he did. sunwoo never failed her.

she smiled and reached for his hands. his hair sparkles under the sun, his beret is hanging on his head perfectly, and areum can't help but to smile because he really looks like an art.

"in love na in love ka na naman sakin," he said and glanced at her.

"ngi," she blurted and chuckled.

they are walking on a field of sunflowers in a broad daylight. for sunwoo, areum still shines than these flowers. he stares at her and smiles.

"what?" she asked

he shakes his head and intertwines their fingers. areum smiled at him and continued walking.

it's been a month simula nung sinagot ni areum si sunwoo. it was that morning, at her front yard. it was a memorable day, sunwoo is the happiest man on the universe.

for areum, sunwoo became her strength. although she knows that anytime, problems will come in their relationship but she knows they can overcome it.

next month is celine and seungmin's wedding. they adore that couple so much and areum is so happy when they picked her to make their wedding day more beautiful.

kaya din nandito sila sa fields, for research purposes.

they stopped when they reached the end of the field. areum suddenly thought of something. she let's go of sunwoo's hand and cups her cheeks.

"bub!" she called, sunwoo looks at her and his forehead creased.

"sino pipiliin mo, 'yung flowers o ako?" she asked. sunwoo stops and rubs his chin, pretending to think.

"uhm," he closes his eyes and raised his index finger. areum nervously smiles.

"'yung flowers," he said, pointing at the flowers beside areum.

areum glared at him at naunang naglakad pabalik. she's disappointed kaya hindi niya pinansin si sunwoo na tumatawag sa kanya.

sunwoo on the other hand immediately picks the flowers and rushed to areum. he called her pero hindi siya sumagot kaya itinago niya ang mga bulaklak sa likod niya at hinawakan ang kamay ni areum.

areum turns around, glaring at him.

"siyempre, 'yung flowers pipiliin ko para ibigay sa'yo. eyy," he said and handed her the hand picked flowers.

"hakdog," she said, obviously unamused at tumalikod ulit para magpatuloy sa paglalakad.

sunwoo scratched his nape and followed her as he reached for her hands.

"ito naman 'di mabiro," he said as he intertwines their fingers again.

"i love you," sunwoo said, finding her gaze. areum stops walking and looks at him.

she stared at his black orbs as her heart pounded.

she can't believe that this man captured her heart. back then, she thought she'll be stuck as a second lead. but then she met him, a person who is just like her.

they are one of the people who wanted to have their own spotlight. who searched for love. who wants to experience being in love and getting the love back.

areum smiles at him and tiptoes to give him a chaste kiss.

i love you, kim sunwoo.

sunwoo held her waist and slowly lifts her up as they kiss, making her giggle. they broke the kiss, smiling and in love.

areum hugs him tight as she felt his heart beating.

one day we met.

sunwoo never thought the girl he met on the first day of the second semester would steal his heart.

areum didn't expect that the guy she met on a blind date would be her first and last, and now, he already has her heart.

and they will take care of it for the rest of their lifetime, together.

---