035

na jaemin
"it's funny how you think that you are over somebody but then you heard about his new guy,"
- jealousy is a familiar friend

---

as soon as jaemin received stephanie's message, he immediately called her. she's at their apartment at mag-isa lang ngayon. cara can't answer the phone because she's sleeping.

kinuha niya agad ang helmet niya at ang susi niya at lumabas. renjun, who is one door away would know that he left his apartment. siya na bahala mag lock 'nun.

he ran as fast as he could to the parking lot at agad na umangkas sa motor niya. just as he was about to leave, the rain started pouring.

bahala na.

he drove there as fast as he could. wala siyang masyadong nakikita since it's dark and the rain is pouring heavily. but thinking about cara, he assured that he can get there safely for her.

he parked his motorcycle and went to her apartment, soaking wet, pinagpag niya muna ang jacket niya kahit basang basa ito and rings her doorbell— walang sumagot.

he's shivering from the cold and his entire body is shaking. he leans his head on the door as he tries again.

a few minutes of trying, the door opened.

cara looks so sick. nakabalot ang katawan nito sa kumot, parang anytime ay mahihimatay ito.

"j-jaemin," she mumbles.

seeing her in that state made him put all his coldness and tiredness away. she needs him right now so hindi rin dapat siya magkakasakit.

"anong ginagawa mo dito? ang basa mo," cara said, eyeing him from head to toe. worry was painted on her face.

"umupo ka muna. do you want water? may gamot ka na ba?" jaemin asked and landed his eyes at the center table. the medicine box is empty.

"o-okay lang," she trailed off and looks down.

"just rest, bibili ako ng gamot." he said at lumabas ulit ng apartment niya.

he opened the group chat and asked kung saan ang may 24 hours na pharmacy. sarado na kasi ang mga pharmacies malapit dito sa ganitong oras.

nang makuha na niya ang sagot galing sa mga kaibigan niya, agad siya pumunta 'dun. he doesn't mind na mabasa kasi basa lang naman din siya.

bumili siya ng gamot para sa lagnat at sakit ng ulo, binigyan din siya ng gamot para sa sipon at ubo and the pharmacist even gave him a hot pack kasi kanina pa siya nanginginig.

agad siyang bumalik sa apartment and he was about to ring her doorbell when he heard people talking.

the door is also slightly opened kaya dahan-dahan niyang binuksan ito.

"do you want me to stay here?"

"'wag na. birthday pa naman ng lola mo ngayon," cara said.

"i'll just ditch it,"

jaemin's grip on the door knob tightened as  he watch how cara smiles at him.

"haknyeon, go. i'm really fine, matutulog lang ako and that's it," she reassured and held his hand.

jaemin slowly closed the door while his heart ached. his whole body shivers but he still went downstairs, to where his motorcycle is and waited there.

he glanced at the bag with the medicines.

"looks like masasayang ka," he mumbles and looks up.

he bit his lip as he thinks of some possibilities.

sila na ba? nililigawan na ba niya si cara? do they have mutual understanding?

that day, he keeps on reminding himself that he's over her. that he has no feelings left for her, until he saw him. until he saw how she smiled at him— she also gave me those smiles.

then suddenly, he felt the pain in his chest that is slowly suffocating him. and so he cried— he cried silently under the rain, where it all washes away.

he wished this feelings and pain would go along with the rain as well.

---

word vomit. unedited. sorisori hehi