075

kim hyejoo
"spin with me, endlessly or atleast
until the end,"
- please never fall in love again

---

she remembered vividly how they run as fast as they could, her hair flew like a kite in a cold night breeze. they were holding each other's hands tightly as they escape their reality.

tonight you're sol and i'm luna.

for hyejoo, escaping reality means to be with him. because he is her dream, he is everything, he is haechan.

"olivia," youngjae taps her desk and hyejoo came back to reality. she blinks then looks at him.

"yes?" she asked.

"'san ka mamaya?" he leans on his chair while scribbling on her notes.

"somewhere," she shrugs and reached for the computer, youngjae rose his feet up and went towards the window.

"kay donghyuck?" he asked then glances at her.

hyejoo nodded while still typing, youngjae already knows what she's been up to these past few weeks. they talked about this and he lets her do this things because he knows she missed haechan so much.

she looks up to check on youngjae when he  fell silent. her brows furrowed when she saw him leaning against the window while looking outside.

"is there something bothering you?" she asked as she shifted her gaze back to the report she's making.

"besides the fact that i still like you, wala na," he shoves his hand on his pocket and looks at her. hyejoo stops typing and sighed.

"youngjae," she trails off to look at him. he smiled at umupo ulit.

"what? you already know it," he replies and casually twirls his seat.

youngjae confessed to her two years ago, matagal na pala siyang gusto nito at tinatago niya lang. she rejected him because she still has feelings for haechan at kapatid lang ang turing ni hyejoo kay youngjae.

they remained as friends but he still brings this topic casually. minsan ay dinadaan niya ito sa biro.

"anyway, tita dragon is bothering me again. kamusta ka na daw at bakit hindi mo sinasagot yung phone mo," he said.

she heaved a sigh and massaged her temple. since the day she went overseas to study, mas lumayo ang loob niya sa mom niya.

"sabihin mo wala akong time," she said.

hyejoo continued making her report while youngjae stayed for a few minutes before leaving. may dinner party sa isang stockholder at invited siya kaya nauna na siyang umalis.

umalis na siya sa hospital by 7 pm and headed to haechan's condo. she's being extra careful, ayaw niyang mapahamak si haechan dahil sa kanya.

when she got there, agad siyang nag prepare para sa dinner nila. dahil palagi na siyang pumupunta dito, may stock na ng mga pagkain si haechan.

she happily cooked his favorite dish. she's so happy that she would wait for how many hours just to see him.

                 it's almost 11 in the evening pero hindi pa rin umuuwi si haechan. she dozes off sometimes but she tried her best to stay awake.

good thing wala siyang masyadong ginagawa sa hospital ngayon. next week pa ulit ang duty niya. being an intern in a big hospital is tiring, but just seeing haechan makes the tiredness and pain away.

she closed her eyes for a couple of minutes— that's what she thought. the next thing she knew, haechan is already by her side, smiling at her.

agad na bumangon si hyejoo at niyakap siya. haechan hugs her back tightly.

"how's your day?" he gently asked.

"it's good, not really tiring. what time is it? i'll heat the food again," hyejoo said but didn't moved, hindi rin kumalas si haechan sa yakap.

hyejoo closed her eyes and buried her face in his neck. she felt his breath on her head and then kisses it.

"i'm tired but your hug is giving me energy," he mumbles. hyejoo smiles and looks up to him.

"it's called power hug," she said and chuckled. haechan smiles and lowers his head to give her a peck in the lips.

"can we hug while we eat?" he asked, making her laugh at dahan-dahang kumalas sa yakap.

"wait i'll heat it again. umupo ka na 'dun," hyejoo said and headed to the kitchen, but he followed her and hugs her again from the back.

"don't mind me," he snickers, hyejoo shakes her head and pinched his nose.

a few minutes of re-heating, nagsimula na silang kumain.

"how is it?" she asked, pertaining to the food.

haechan drops his chopsticks and rubs his chin. his forehead creased, making her feel nervous.

"minsan napapaisip ako kung doctor ka o chef," he said and smiled before giving her a thumbs up.

napangiti siya at umiling. akala niya hindi nagustuhan ni haechan ang niluto niya.

haechan suddenly fishes his phone to play a song. it's a song from his album.

"i wrote this last week, hindi ako pinayagang isingit pero i already produced it," he said.

hyejoo smiled when she heard the lyrics.

"it's a song for luna," he slowly stands up and offers his hand.

"may i have this dance, my luna?" haechan asked and bowed.

"of course, my sol."

and so they danced in a solemn midnight. they danced to the song made only for them. they danced, escaping reality and only thought for this night, with him.

haechan intertwines their fingers as they danced slowly, hyejoo rests her head on his chest, and he pulls her closer to his embrace.

she wished this will last. this moment feels so surreal and she wished that it would last until the end. although she knows it wouldn't, still, she tried.

she tried to wish that after thid, they would still be together.

---

unedited rin HAHAHA