Chapter 25

"Cap," a dark-haired man climbed out of a white van, a spindly teenager clambering out of the backseat akwardly.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve said, shaking the man's extended hand.

"Hey, man, you're doing us a favor. Besides, I had a little debt," he nodded to a brunette woman that had appeared.

"Thanks for helping, by the way," Steve said to her.

"It was time to get off my ass," she said in an accent that I couldn't quite pin down.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked. 

 "He's raring to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good," the sliding door of the van slammed open, startling the man inside awake. 

"Who's that, Steve?" the girl asked, nodding towards me.

"I'm Tanya," I said, crossing my arms.

"What time zone is this?" the man asked, climbing out of the van.

"Go on," the brunet shoved him towards Steve.

"You're Captain America," he said in awe.

"Mr. Lang," Steve greeted.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow, this is awesome. Captain America. I know you too, you're great. Jeez. Uh, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people so thinks for thanking of me. Hey man," he aimed the last part at Sam.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam greeted.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time--" he started, and Sam chuckled.

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again," Sam said.

"Did they tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked.

Uh, something about some psycho assassins?"

"We're outside the law on this one. If you come with us, you're a wanted man," Steve warned.

"Say it a little louder, I don't think China heard you. Do you want a bullhorn and a blood-red flag while you're at it? We need to get moving," I hissed, tense about being found.

"I've got a chopper lined up," the brunet said, Barnes eying me.

Alarms started blaring, and I let out a huff. A man came into the intercom, speaking in some unknown language. Barnes had perked up, listening closely. Appereantly, he knew this mystery language.

"They're evacuating the airport," he reported.

"Stark," Sam concluded.

"Stark?" the man asked, shocked. 

"Suit up,"