13- ʜᴀɪʀ, ᴅʀᴇss, ᴍᴀᴋᴇᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏᴏᴅ

My hair and makeup are done and it's my first time putting on such things. It feels heavy on the face and my hair feels itchy because of the pins.

Anyways, it was all too new amd unfamiliar to me I don't even know how to walk in these shoes! Prince Jaemin is very kind and sweet but the way he treats me feels so unfair.

The other maids don't get this much treatment especially from the prince himself. They told me he was just being friendly but it still a little off for me.

Then there are timea he would act like as if he knew me before... Way back before I was even a maid which confuses me. All of these are just odd or maybe it's just me talking non sense.

I mean were friends! Maybe that's why.... I guess.

"Oh darling. You look undeniably gorgeous" Mina eonnie said the moment she entered the room and the servants who did my look left.

I thanked them of course.

"Thank you eonnie but it's not too much right?" I replied and she just smiled. After awhile she got a worried face on and wiped her pointer finger down my cheek and looked at it.

She then sighed in relief which made me confused.

"Some of the makeup they use are made of harmful chemicals it's a good thing they only used powder and lip paint on you. The powder is usually made of rice and the lip paint is I believe made of berries but they might've put something there to make it stay on longer" she said and patted my shoulder.

"They usually use led to paint their faces"

(a/n: yeah i saw that on the internet where rich people before use led in their foundation. That's messed uppp)

"Oh my goodness... They don't use those types of chemicals to the princess and the queen right?" I asked worriedly and she shook her head.

"Both of them prefers how you look right now. Just powder and lips" and that made me sigh in relief.

Okay.. We're going off topic here.

So going back, Prince Jaemin picked me up from the room.

"You look beautiful" he said and held my hand.

We walked down the stairs towards the dining room the other maids were smiling at me. Some were winking and pointing at the prince to tease me.

I entered the dining area and the whole royal family and their guests are there. I immediately got on my knees and bowed down but Jaemin pulled me up.

"You're a guest alright?" he said and pulled out a chair for me.

I mumbled a little sorry and he just nodded.

"Oh my is this your maid son?" the king said and the prince gave him a look.

"Well technically she is but she's not my maid! She's my friend and my guest for tonight" Jaemin said held my hand from under the table.

"Well dear it's so nice of you to join us here tonight a dinner. You look very lovely" the queen said and gave me a dazzling smile.

"Yes. You know when you're not around Jaemin talks about you all the ti-" Princess Yuna got cut off.

"Keep quiet noona! Can we just eat our dinner please?" Jaemin exclaimed.

I looked across from me and saw Jeno sitting with his dad.

He pointed at his food and made a thumbs up signalling that the food is delicious.

I nodded in reply and mouthed a little thank you because I helped with the food we're eating tonight as mentioned.

"Seunghee dear, you should cook more often. The other maids said you were one of the chefs tonight. This is amazing!" the king complimented.

"Thank you so much" I said quietly.

"Ohh don't be so quiet Seunghee you're part of the family" the duke added.

I made a confused look and Jaemin suddenly faced me.

"He only means that all of the servants in this palace are family. There's nothing to be confused about" he said and somehow gave the duke another look where he tells him to stay quiet or something.

Okay everything is weird!!