26- ᴛᴀʟᴋ

3rd person's POV

"I missed this" the prince said simply as he looked at the maiden beside her.

"Me too" she replied with a smile as she looked at the creek they used to go to before all the "drama" that happened.

"Oh for the love of- I'm here!" Jeno then exclaimed as he annoyed by how close the two were.

The duo chuckled at him as he pouted adorably.

"You know.. I'm glad you're all better now" Seunghee says and gave his brother a hug.

"I'm glad too but I still can't believe the princess would do something like that. The woman who I first loved turned out to be a killer" Jeno sighed and bent his knees so his chin could lean on it as he hugged his legs.

"I agree you have terrible taste in women" Jaemin joked but the girl nudged him on his side.

"Aww sweetie that's alright. There are a lot more out there. Someone better and more worthy of your time and feelings" she exclaimsd and gave another hug to the younger.

"Jokes aside, father threw Princess Yuna back to her own kingdom where she would still be imprisoned as well. Her parents were beyond furious I tell you" the prince announced and threw a rock at the lake, watching it bounce and sink.

They were all quiet for a moment. As the calming silence enveloped them and only crickets and water can be heard... All of them enjoyed it.

A lot has happened to them and they still can't believe they have surpassed that. It's quite confusing actually. I mean this story itself.. Their story rather had a lot of ups and downs. From the duchess dying and little Seunghee had to run away which leads her to her step parents who turned out to be her kidnappers to Jeno almost being killed. Not all can be mentioned but they were just glad it's all over.. Is it really?

"Have you told the king and father about you two?" Jeno asked the couple and they sighed in sadness. She held his hand with her warm and comforting ones.

"Father is looking for a new match for me. A new princess" he said and kissed Seunghee's hand as a way of apologizing.

"That seems so unfair. Everyone should be married to whoever they truly love" Jeno said as the two agreed.

"Yeah but him and mother are arranged too and then fell for each other. He thinks it'll also happen to me but what he doesn't know is that I already have someone who I truly have feelings for" Jaemin said as he stood up from his seat.

"It's getting late we should head back" he added as they all got on their stallions.

"I'll take care of this. I'll fight for us" Jaemin reassured his soulmate and gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

"Ugh stop forgetting that her little brother is here. For petesake stop making me feel alone and single" Jeno whined playfully then they all headed back to the palace.

Author's note:

NCT 2020 is really happening huh? Welcome to the family Shotaro and Sungchan! I'm literally freaking out I can't wait forrrr thisssss!! NCT WORLD DOMINATION LEZGO OT23!!

xoxo
@hanhyunjie