Chapter 2: Jeffery Sayger

"Good morning Everyone. Today is Monday and the start of February. How have you folks at home been handling your 2005 resolutions because I totally failed mine! Our Major story today is President Tomas and Former President Rosewood are continuing a mutual relationship as they work together to write up a new tax plan. This tax plan however is not going over well with the country's wealthiest- the most vocal being multi-millionaire Travis Welk of Welk Industries. Welk has been a vocal opponent to many of the new administration's policies and is scheduled to have a board of directors meeting today at his Manhattan office. Travis has been under constant fire for his conspiracy theories over the years but has still been the leader in technological innovation. In other news-"

Jeffer slammed down the snooze button on the top of his clock turning the radio off. He rolled out of bed to the smell of pancakes downstairs. He quickly got dressed and headed downstairs to see his mother putting a stack of pancakes on the table. Jeffrey sat down and began to dig into his breakfast.

"Glad to see you're ready for your first day back from winter break" His mother said with a smile as she cooked more pancakes for herself.

"The news was talking about Mr. Welk again" Jeffery said conversationally. "I'm sure Chuck will be in a good mood this morning" he added with an air of sarcasm. "I still can't believe a man like him believes in fairy tales to such an extent."

"Travis has a reason for his... beliefs" His mother said with a bit of disdain.

"Are you ever going to tell me what the real story is there" Jeffery asked as he finished his pancakes.

"What's to tell" His mother brushed off. "Like I have said he was your father's best friend but they had a falling out over a disagreement and Travis started to follow some extreme ideologies that neither me or your father could condone. While I remained his friend in order to knock some sense into him, Peter could not bear to look him in the face after that. Combine that with a job that requires his constant attention and you have the reason your father walked out and never returned."

Jeffrey had heard this story many times before but for some reason he had a gut feeling that his mother was leaving out a very important detail.

"I am heading to school now" Jeffery said getting up from the table.

"Ask Chuck about dinner on Friday" Jeffery's mom called out to him.

Jeffery opened the door to see a man dressed in black whose hand was about to knock on the door. His face looked so pale and lifeless.

"I'm looking for Rebecca Sayger" The man said.

"Mom" Jeffery called out. "Some guy is here for you.."

Jeffery then ran past the man and down the street to get to school. As he reached the school grounds he saw an expensive car parked outside. Jeffery waited for a bit until a boy his age came out of the car, looking somewhat annoyed. His expression changed however when he saw Jeffery.

"Jeff" the boy called out.

"Sup Chuck" Jeffery said giving his best friend a hug. "So I assume your dad actually dropped you off himself for once."

"Let's not talk about my dad" Chuck said with a bitter tone.

"You heard the radio this morning too huh?"

"I got that new video game" Chuck said trying to change the subject. "Actually a competent VR experience" he added.

"Aces" Jeffery said. "Gotta let me play that!"

Jeffery and Chuck walked into school for homeroom.

"By the way" Chuck said to his friend as they reached the class, "Happy Birthday!"