Chapter 13: Jeffrey's Friends

"Mr. Cona, Jeffrey's in trouble" Tanya declared as she and Harvey ran into Mr. Cona's Office.

Tanya looked to see a woman in the room with him eyeing her cautiously. Tanya became excited upon seeing her.

"You're Rebecca Sayger" She declared, her inner fangirl showing herself. She then looked between her and Mr. Cona and remembering why she was here. "Jeffrey's in trouble! Lucifer's goons took him and said that they were taking him to Travis Welk."

Mr. Cona fell into his chair. "How could this happen?"

"It's my fault" Harvey declared. "My... My brother kidnapped me. I think he's working for Lucifer! Jeffrey gave himself over in exchange for my freedom. I am so sorry!"

Rebecca looked at Harvey carefully as she saw his eyes change colors for a split second.

"You're a dragon" She noted.

"Yeah" Harvey said looking at her feeling uncomfortable.

Tanya threw herself in front of Harvey in an attempt to shield him from Rebecca's gaze. "Leave him alone" Tanya declared as her eyes also changed colors for a fraction of a second.

Rebecca stood there in awe at the sight in front of her. An elf defending a dragon....

"What's your name" Rebecca asked.

"Tanya Marie Efaz" She said, slightly wincing at saying her last name.

"You're the princess" Rebecca asked, Tanya nodded in confirmation. "I thought the heir was-"

"Well you're wrong" Harvey shouted cutting her off. His glare made it clear that this topic was not up for debate.

"Can the two of you please wait outside for a second" Rebecca asked. "I need to discuss a few things with Pet- I mean Mr. Cona before we can save Jeffrey."

"'We'" Tanya asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Just give us a minuet" She repeated smiling kindly at the two of them.

As they left the room she turned to Peter. "They're his friends" She asked, he nodded in confirmation.

"Good then they're helping us bring Jeffrey home" She said.

"You can't be serious" Peter said standing up. "They're students! One of them is even-"

"Why does that matter" Rebecca jumped in. "She may be an elf but I can tell she's special. For all the times you've called Welk out as a bigot you're pretty quick to Judge this girl because of her race...."

"How can you tell she's special" Peter asked.

"Her eyes" Rebecca said. "They changed to pink for a brief second- in a similar fashion to how a dragon's eyes will change pre-dragomorphis to indicate their future caliber. Which did you even realize that boy is a potential rainbow caliber?!"

Peter looked at her in shock.  "An elf's eyes flashing like that is impossible!"

"Unless" Rebecca said, trying to lead him to the right conclusion.

"Unless she's a dormant pixie elf" Peter concluded in awe.

"Exactly" Rebecca said, "There hasn't been one since the Prophecy War! Only an elven girl with massive potential and a pure heart is capable."

Peter thought to himself for a moment. "And considering that she's trans that makes this especially notable.... The only pixie elves in recorded history have been cis girls..."

"Combine that with a Living Grim Reaper and we are looking at something the two of us only ever dreamed of" She said, her eyes wide with excitement.

Peter smiled.

"They're going to change the world for the better!"