Chapter 10: The Last Two Dragons

As he awoke Monday morning Harvey thought about his kiss with Tanya with a smile on his face. He always felt drawn to her despite knowing from a young age that his race is nearly extinct because of her family. The elves were responsible for the Genocide of the werewolves and came close to doing the same with the dragons. When his great grandfather was the last dragon the elves suddenly stopped- Harvey Always wondered why as the views the race had on Dragons was unchanged.

As Harvey got dressed while Jeffrey snored on his thoughts turned to his own family. His parents died years ago and his only living relative has all but vanished. He knew his brother, Jacob, was still alive and even got a letter from him now and again but he had not seen his brother since their parents died.

Harvey left the dorms as the sun started to rise. The campus quiet and still as everyone still slept- the school days still hours from starting. He always enjoyed the somber peace of the dawn- a promise of a new day. Something was off this morning, he felt a tension in the air.

"It's been a long time" a voice said from behind.

Harvey turned around to find himself staring into the black eyes of his older brother.

"So you  have yet to go through Dragomorphis" Jacob noted.

"What are you doing here" Harvey asked.

"Classified" Jacob said to Harvey's bewilderment.

"You work for the government or something" Harvey asked.

"Or something" Jacob said- his eyes transfixed on his younger brother.

"What do you want" Harvey finally asked, "I haven't seen you in years and now you show up out of nowhere?"

"She's pretty" Jacob said, "The elf girl."

"So you're here to judge me" Harvey asked.

"Nope" Jacob said. "I don't care."

Harvey couldn't figure out what was going on, something felt off about his brother. A buzzing sound was heard as Jacob pulled a communication orb from his pocket as he smiled.

"That's my cue" Jacob said as he put the orb away.

"What cue" Harvey asked.

Suddenly he fell to the ground, his body weak. He looked up to his brother as he lost consciousness to hear him say a single sentence.

"Don't worry little brother, Lucifer needs you alive."