chapter 6

the next day jenna and i were chilling next to the soccer fields after school. she was watching mattia practice and i was waiting for taylor to give me a ride and they had cheerleading practice .

"i have to get going soon , my dad is coming to pick me up because we have some weird dinner with my mom " jenna said , "okay i'll tell mattia why you left " i said and she hugged me before leaving .

i sat on the bleachers for a bit longer scrolling through insta when taylor and vic walked over . "hi guys how was practice " i asked , "i swear the coach is trying to kill us " taylor said sitting down next to me . "vic is just waiting for alejandro and then we can go " taylor added . i smirked at vic and she blushed " stop that we're done for good he just wanted to ask me something for AP history " she said rolling her eyes . "hmm if you say so girl" i joked .

the boys came walking over a couple minutes later. i hugged ale and mattia and taylor looked at me shocked "the fact that you touched them is so not like you are you feeling okay " she said putting her palm against my head "shut up i'm being civil " i said laughing . "are you coming over to study again tonight " mattia looked down at me and asked ,"yea if it's cool with you " i said . "yea bet , why don't we all hang later too" he said . everyone agreed before walking to the where the cars were parked .

"Kels why don't you just drive with me so that we can finish by the time everyone else comes over " mattia asked me and i looked at taylor , "okay yea sure " i said and hugged taylor and vic goodbye . ale and kairi left together , tay and vic and then mattia and i .

the car ride was pretty awkward like we didn't have much to talk about until this one playboi carti song came on , it was my all time favorite . "you don't look like someone who listens to carti " he said when the song was over , "what do i look like i listen to " i asked raising my eyebrow . "i don't know like typical girl stuff " he shrugged . "i mean i'm not a typical girl so " i said as we pulled into his driveway.

we both got out and walked inside , "mamá i'm home and kelsey is here again to study" he yelled and his mom appeared a few second later , "hi sweetheart how are you " she asked me "i'm good and yourself mrs polibio " i asked . "i'm good honey , it's good to see you again " she said hugging me before disappearing back into the kitchen .

"i've never seen that before " he said as we walked down to his room , "what" i asked dumping my backpack on the floor . "her hugging you " he said , "what about jenna " i asked . "my mom hates jenna "he chuckled slightly before stopping himself "i'm sorry i know i shouldn't have laughed " he said and i just nodded .

we spent the next couple hours working through problems together before i flopped back onto the bed . "mattia my brain hurts " i said and he laughed at me , i've never noticed how cute his laugh sounded. ew why am i listening to his laugh. "okay maybe we should call it a day " he said and i smiled . "everyone should be coming over soon anyway " he said . "can we play fifa " i asked and his eyes widened . "uh- yea sure " he said and i hopped up and walked over to to his x-box .

we were still playing when everyone showed up "how the fuck do you keep wining " mattia yelled at me and i burst out laughing . "because i'm that good " i said before putting the controller down . "where are you going i want a re-match " he said frowning "nah you can play ale or kairi i'm tired of wining " i said before going to greet taylor and vic .

we all just chilled for most of the evening . mattia's made some pasta for all of us that we all enjoyed because it was insanely good.

mattia and ale were playing GTA while kairi was laying on the bed near us . "kai your hair is so fluffy " i said as he layed down on my lap . i ran my fingers through his hair , "can i braid your hair " i said overly excited and kai just laughed before nodding in agreement . i sat playing with his hair and braiding it while the girls and i gossiped about random people from tiktok .

"is he really asleep " ale asked , "apparently" i said looking down at the sleeping kairi with two braids on my lap . we all took snaps of him for our privates. kairi started to stir awake from all the noise extremely confused .

the whole evening was really good like i hate to admit it but the more time i spend with these idiots the more they're growing on me , i won't admit it to any of them though .

***

it was the monday of the physics test . miss smith changed her mind and decided to make the entire class re-take the test so now i am outside in the hall going through the last of my notes with mattia when jenna came over "what are you guys doing " she asked , "studying " mattia snapped at her . "why though " she asked . "because i'm helping her jenna and i need to study too" he said looking up from the notes . "why didn't you just study yesterday " jenna asked . "for fucksakes jenna why do you have so many damn questions all of a sudden " he snapped at her as the bell rang signaling we needed to get into class . we sat down and i noticed immediately that something was up with mattia he just seemed uneasy .

***

i handed my paper in , for once i actually felt really good about the test i actually understood the questions . "i ran out to look for mattia who was waiting for me against one of the lockers "and?" he asked . i ran and hugged him "thank you so much i didn't go blank " i said he let go and let out a small smile . "i guess we'll find out how we did at the end of the day " he said .

it was a weird assembly at school so some of our periods got switched so we have physics again at the end of the day again so we knew we were getting out tests back .

***

"kelsey could you and mattia please see me outside " miss smith said just as we took our seats in physics . mattia and i both stared at each other in confusion before getting up and going to wait in the hall.

miss smith came out with our test and handed them to us , "well done kelsey" she said as i looked down at the test which i got 80% for . "thank you " i said . "it's the highest in the class " she said . i looked at her in surprise "but what about " i said looking at mattia who looked pissed off . "that's exactly what i thought , mattia seems to have gotten the lowest , so you see my reason for concern . how do your test scores almost swop" she said raising her eyebrow.

"i mean mattia has been helping me so maybe that's why " i said , "what i'm thinking is that you two swopped tests before handing in " she said . "what no , tell her mattia " i said looking at him with pleading eyes . he just looked at me and stayed quiet. shock and anger flooded over me , "i guess that's that , i'll be notifying both of your parents " she said before going back into class .

"why didn't you tell her " i asked him he just looked at me "kels " he pleaded . "don't fucking kels me " i said before storming off.

authors note

hi guys

thank you for all the reads and votes i appreciate them so much 🥺❤️

i hope you all are still coping with quarantine

i love y'all
-han 💋