chapter 19

mattia's pov

i sat in my car a few blocks away from gianna's house , i picked up my phone and called taylor cause right now she was the only one i could speak to .

taylor :
hello

there was a lot of noise in the background

me :
are you still at the party ?

taylor :
mattia ? yea i am why

me:
i'm coming to pick you up

taylor:
we're sleeping by kelsey so you're gonna have to drop me off

me:
yea whatever i just need to talk to someone

i hung up and proceeded to drive back to josh's house to pick her up , she walked out and to my car . she closed the door and looked over at me confused as i just started driving till we were by a nearby park.

"so are you gonna tell me what's up " she asked i took a deep breath , "i'm so over all the girls , i just want one girl to settle down with because i've been fucking up " i said and she just nodded along , "what happened with gianna " she asked . i burst out laughing and explained to her , "no fucking way matti , what a way to ruin a moment that poor girl " she said laughing . "i know i feel so bad i'll speak to her on monday " i shrugged, "did you forget we leave for winter camp on monday " taylor said . "oh shit i honestly forgot " i said running my hands through my hair.

my school has this camp before winter break in sophomore year where  we all go to these cabins in the woods to learn life skills or something like that but everyone know it's not for that .

***

"i'll still try and speak to her then " i said  .
" okay bet i'll see you monday " taylor said as she got out of the car at kelseys house , "as for not wanting to be a player only you can change that pick a girl and stick with her " taylor said as she got out of the car

kelsey's pov

"vic come on " i said practically dragging her up the stair , she ended up getting stupid wasted while playing beer pong with alejandro.

the doorbell rang and i sat vic down on the stairs and went to unlock it revealing taylor , "you two couldn't have spoken faster " i snapped gesturing to vic who had now started to crawl up the stairs . "i'm sorry he's not doing okay " she said walking in and going to help vic .

we had all gotten into bed and i was laying staring at the ceiling thinking about what taylor said , i hope he's doing kinda okay now .

***

it's monday morning and i've put all my bags into the car , "mom i'm gonna get going " i yelled . my mom came running down the stairs . "i'm going to miss you so much " she said smothering me in a hug , "i'm gonna miss you too mom " i laughed . "stay safe please and message me when you guys get to the cabins " she said . "yes mom" i said . taylor and i were driving in my car to the camp site because we didn't wanna take the bus and most kids who had their own car did .

"promise me you'll keep an open mind about this week" taylor said as we unpacked the car , "why would you say that " i asked raising my eyebrows. "i don't know i just have a gut feeling it's going to be a bit of a rollercoaster " she said and i just nodded .

we all gather in the dining hall , we went over to where vic , alejandro and kai were and greeted them . "where's matti" asked taylor , "over there talking to josh " kairi said and i turned my head in the direction he was pointing they seemed chilled but i didn't like the idea of them talking so i walked over to greet josh . "hey josh "i said hugging him and he picked me up a little , "hey cutie " he said , "ferb" i said acknowledging mattia , "kelsey " he responded. "i'll catch you again later man " he said to josh before leaving.

"okay listen up , i'm putting the list up of your room assignments , no switching " a teacher yelled holding up a paper . "cmon" josh said taking my hand and walking over to the table .

"no fucking way " i said looking at the list and then walking over to taylor , "i forgot we sent out room request a few weeks ago so i requested jenna" i said and she shot me a sympathetic smile . "you can come bunk by me and vic , no one stays in the room their supposed to , well no one actually sleeps " she said and i just nodded .

"do you need help with you bags " josh asked as he walked over and my heart melted a little , "uhm yea please " i said and he grabbed my one bag as we walked to my assigned room . "so who are you with " i asked , "mattia and mariano" he shrugged and i mentally face palmed myself , of course they'd be in the same room .

when we arrived at my room the door was open and jenna was unpacking , "hey " i said and she just looked at us , "hey " she said softly . "thanks again josh " i said kissing him lightly on the cheek. "no problem , a couple of us are gonna head down to the lake to chill do you wanna come " he asked , "uhm i kinda just wanna unpack right now and i'm kinda tired from driving " i lied . i was fine i just really didn't wanna be around people right now. "all good , do you wanna come jenna " he asked and i froze i didn't expect him to ask her . "uhm yea sure " she said a little too happy , "see you later kels " she said waving as they left .

"ugh" i basically screamed as i flopped onto my bed ."woah normally girls make that sound out of pleasure " i hear a voice say and i shot up . "what are you doing here " i asked as mattia stood leaning against the wall , "the door was open and i was looking for josh" he shrugged . "uhm he left with jenna to go to the lake i think " i said softly . "i'm sorry " he said and i looked up at him confused, "for what " i asked . "well that he left with her " he said , "we aren't together so he can do whatever he wants " i shrugged . "oh i thought you guys were after the party " he said and i shook my head "nah i think i'm done with boys for a bit" i said and he nodded . "wanna go chill with the group ?" he asked and my face lit up , "yea " i said and hopped off the bed .

"i also wanted to say sorry for how i spoke to you at the party " mattia said as we walked downstairs , "me too " i said . "you have nothing to apologize for kels , you were lowkey right " he said as we reached everyone so i couldn't respond .

we spent the rest of the afternoon chilling and just talking shit , we all decided to have an early night because we had to be up for a class on fish or something for biology .

"psst kels" mattia said pulling me back from the rest of the group , "are you tired ?" he asked and i shook my head "okay cmon " he said dragging me outside quickly before anyone could see . we walked down to the lake and sat down on a couple of rocks . it was pretty dark out and the only thing providing light was the moon , stars and some  scattered lights the camp set up . "it's freezing mattia " i whisper yelled . he looked over at me for a while almost contemplating his next move "come here " he said as i started shivering . i sat between his legs and he wrapped his arms around me , "i like it here " i said . "me too " he responded, "i'm not talking about the rock " i said , "me either " he chuckled lightly. we sat speaking about a whole bunch of random shit and he told me about how he got stupid high with mariano last night and almost got caught by his mom .

***

"i missed this " i said as he walked me to my room , " me too " he chuckled throwing his arm around my shoulder . we stopped outside my door so that i could look for my keys when the door opened and out came josh with his shirt unbuttoned slightly and his hair a mess , both mine and mattia's eyes went wide i realization and so did his , "it's not what it looks like " josh said .

authors note

hello babies ,

yes i know this chapter is giving off major to all the boys i've loved before vibes and i'm really sorry it's kinda a filler chapter 🥺

thanks again for all the reads and things

love y'all
- han ❤️❤️