chapter 7

i left immediately after school, taylor had practice and said she'd get a ride with vic .

my moms car was in the driveway when i got home , she was sitting at the kitchen counter when i walked in .

"hey mom" i said cautiously, " hi honey , how was your day ?" she asked her mood suddenly happier . "it's was okay i guess and yours " i said and she just shrugged the question off . i sat and spoke to her for a while before heading up to my room

i'm surprised she wasn't upset about the physics drama or maybe miss smith hasn't had time to call her yet .

i sat down on my bed and started doing some homework when my phone started ringing

*mattia wants to facetime *

i declined the call , he has some nerve calling me after just standing there . my phone bleeped .

mattia:
please answer

i need to tell you something

me :
fine

he called again and i answered , revealing him sitting in his office chair . he had on a white hoodie and black beanie .

"hi" he said , "you wanted to tell me something " i said getting to the point . "uhm yea , i told miss smith the truth after you left " he said. my eyes went wide , that explains why my mom wasn't upset .

"thank you , but why didn't you say anything the first time " i asked and he let out a small chuckle. "i was pissed that you did better than me and that i let jenna get in my head before the test , basically i was just mad and in shock " he said and i smile . "do you want me to tutor you " i laughed . "yes please" he fake pouted . we spoke for a couple hours more and then it hit me he was actually one of my close friends , i didn't mind his company anymore but honestly he still annoyed me occasionally.

"okay bumblefuck i'm gonna go sleep " i said , "okay night loser " he said , "night mattia " i said waving before ending the call.

***

the next day at lunch i headed over to our usual table and sat next to kairi . "hey kai " i said leaning in for a hug. "what's up kels" he responded . "honestly i'm just waiting for halloween at this point i need a break from school" i said and he chuckled "yea i feel you , maybe we could do something soon to just chill " he said and i nodded not thinking too much into it .

everyone seemed to be in a relatively good mood for once which was surprising because there was always someone that was moody.

"matti " i said , "kelsey" he responded looking at me from across the table . "are we studying tonight ?" i asked shoving a fork full of pasta in my mouth . "yea i guess i need it now too" he said and we both laughed remembering last nights conversation.

"mattia you were supposed to come over to mine tonight " jenna said , "shit i forgot kelsey and i planned this last night already , but you can come with and chill too" he said and she just nodded followed by her shooting my a death look . "woah what was with jenna at lunch " taylor asked me as we walked to my car . "have no clue honestly " i shrugged .

i drove behind mattia considering taylor's house was on the way , after i dropped her off i couldn't help but wonder how this all was going to go especially since i knew mattia's mom hates jenna .

we pulled into the drive way , we walked in and i saw mrs polibio in the kitchen . mattia and jenna walked first and mrs polibio greeted her very nicely , jenna seemed equally uncomfortable. "hi kelsey how are you angel " she said when she spotted me behind them . "im doing very good mrs polibio , hows work been going " i asked . "it's need very busy actually.."she started explaining . i stood speaking to her for a while before i realized mattia and jenna left already. "i should probably head down and actually start studying " i said and she laughed "i'll see you later " she said.

i walked down the stairs and i could faintly hear them arguing , when i reaches the bottom mattia was sitting at the edge of his bed with his head in his hands and jenna was sitting in the office chair looking at him. "uhm should i come back in a bit " i asked , mattia looked up at me "nah it's cool let's just start" he said sounding exhausted .

we studied for a bit cracking jokes for most of it when i think we both realized studying was not going to happen tonight . "this is why you're failing now, you can't stay focused " i laughed and he burst out laughing "oh yea like you're one to talk " he said . at least his mood was getting better .

i started doodling on the page while mattia went to get snacks , "is this how you guys always study" she asked , "uhm not generally were actually more focused but i think we're just both tired right now " i said and continued drawing .

mattia came down with chips and soda , "okay let's do a couple more questions properly , then i can whip your ass on fifa " he said and i nodded excitedly, "sounds like a challenge i'm down " i said .

***

it was around 7 when i decided to leave , "jenna do you need a ride " i asked packing my books away , "uhm yes please " she said . i walked up the stairs and said goodbye to mrs polibio "kelsey " she zia das i turned to leave "yes mrs polibio " i said turning back around . "you and your family should stop by the restaurant sometime soon , dinner on the house " she said , "thank you mrs polibio my mom would love that " i said before walking out of the house .

"see ya at school asshole" i said to mattia , "later loser " he said , "you need better insults " i said laughing before getting in my car .

jenna and i drove in silence until i pulled up at her house .

"listen " she started and i turned to face her . "i need to you stop messing with my man " she said . "uhm jenna it's not like that " i said laughing a little at the thought . "i don't give a fuck what it's like , leave him alone " she said before getting out of the car and slamming the door.

authors note

sorry that this chapter is a bit short, also this is probably where the title will start playing in and also where the book will lowkey start getting more drama filled .

i hope you all are still doing okay 🥺

i love you guys
thanks for all the love on this book
-han 💋